Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "FlashForward" TV Series thread

Re: "FlashForward" TV Series thread

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Just watched the last episode. The last 15 seconds were interesting. The rest stunk. I give up. I will not waste any more time on this.
    Will be interesting to see what that was (if you noticed what I did that is).
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Will be interesting to see what that was (if you noticed what I did that is).
    Dominic Mohegan (sp?) trying to act all big and bad? Did I miss something that would draw my attention back to the show?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Just watched the last episode. The last 15 seconds were interesting. The rest stunk. I give up. I will not waste any more time on this.
    I'm not giving up on it yet, but it may be that ABC made a mistake by using the "from the people who brought you Lost" tag line in the preseason spots. I think it may have set the show up to disappoint Lost fans, because it's a far cry from that show at this point. Once ABC used that hook to attract viewers, the comparisons were going to be inevitable.

The problem I'm having at this point is that I don't care about any of the characters. They're not all that interesting or likable.

I'll give it a while longer, but if it hasn't gotten better by the time college basketball starts, I'll probably let it go.

ABC's other "Lost, Jr." show starts soon. I'm referring to "V" with Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet on Lost). Will it disappoint, as well?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    The problem I'm having at this point is that I don't care about any of the characters. They're not all that interesting or likable.
    I agree completely. LOST made you connect with the characters. This show hasn't - yet. I'll give it some more time. I like the personal conflicts of the characters (seeing/knowing their future and how they respond) are having to face but not the execution of the story.

Not having actually seen an episode, but wouldn't it work better in a mini-series format? I can't see people tuning in to it week after week waiting for the 'futures' to occur.

I'm not giving up on it yet, but it may be that ABC made a mistake by using the "from the people who brought you Lost" tag line in the preseason spots. I think it may have set the show up to disappoint Lost fans, because it's a far cry from that show at this point. Once ABC used that hook to attract viewers, the comparisons were going to be inevitable.

I'll give it a while longer, but if it hasn't gotten better by the time college basketball starts, I'll probably let it go.

ABC's other "Lost, Jr." show starts soon. I'm referring to "V" with Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet on Lost). Will it disappoint, as well?
    V is so NOT Lost Jr.

ah, it takes me back to my early teen years. And the chick that ate the parakeet.

The more actors from Firefly/Serenity the better.
    Last edited by TRF; 10-19-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Dominic Mohegan (sp?) trying to act all big and bad? Did I miss something that would draw my attention back to the show?
    When all the Crows died in Somalia. Did I halucinate the thing in sky?
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    When all the Crows died in Somalia. Did I halucinate the thing in sky?
    That was the week before. A tower with some cloud of smoke coming out of it? I am not impressed. As others have said, I don't care about one single character on this show. The could all be run over by runaway buses, and the show starts over from scratch, and I would probably be happy.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    V is so NOT Lost Jr.
    Oh, I just said that because so many Lost actors are ending up in these other ABC sci-fi drama series, such as Flash Forward and V.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm still watching FlashForward and enjoying the journey but I totally understand that this show may not be everyone's cup of tea. It's not really like Lost but at the same time it has some nice twists and turns that are interesting. I'm not as attached to the cast like I am for Lost but it's still season #1 so that could come with time and it's still a good show IMO. I like following along with a drama series and seeing where it's going to take me as long as it stays on the air long enough to get me there which seems to be a problem for networks sometime. I'm still disappinted that Invasion isn't on the air anymore.

And for the record, V looks completely and totally awesome and I'm totally geeked out waiting for that show to start on Tuesday. You can watch the first eight minutes of the show on ABC's website in case anyone wants to check it out!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post

And for the record, V looks completely and totally awesome and I'm totally geeked out waiting for that show to start on Tuesday. You can watch the first eight minutes of the show on ABC's website in case anyone wants to check it out!
    DVR'd the original series on SciFi today. They've been running a marathon all day. Hoping to squeeze it in before the new one starts on Tuesday.

We watched the two-hour return episode tonight on the DVR, and my wife didn't make it through it all. She lost interest and was struggling to even care what happened, and finally got up went and did something else during the second hour. To be honest, I was struggling to get through it, as well. They're really not feeding us much information and the story seems to be taking FOREVER to develop.

We're considering dropping out of this one, especially with spring, son's baseball games, Reds games, Lost, American Idol, and OchoCinco on Dancing With The Stars already on the docket.

We'll give V another shot when it returns in a few days, but my patience with it will not be excessively long, either.

We watched the two-hour return episode tonight on the DVR, and my wife didn't make it through it all. She lost interest and was struggling to even care what happened, and finally got up went and did something else during the second hour. To be honest, I was struggling to get through it, as well. They're really not feeding us much information and the story seems to be taking FOREVER to develop.

We're considering dropping out of this one, especially with spring, son's baseball games, Reds games, Lost, American Idol, and OchoCinco on Dancing With The Stars already on the docket.

We'll give V another shot when it returns in a few days, but my patience with it will not be excessively long, either.
    I gave up long ago, but watched about 5 minutes of this the other day to see if anything caught my eye. The answer is no.

Yuck.

Just watch Justified twice. Then you can go to work and quote it, and people will think you are cool.

I thought the 2 hours on Thursday were easily the best of the series so far. I had lost interest but will give it another shot. Doesn't hurt its chances that I con't have cable and only get ABC and 5 PBS channels so by Thursday I have watched Chuck and 24 online and have not much else in options to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I thought the 2 hours on Thursday were easily the best of the series so far. I had lost interest but will give it another shot. Doesn't hurt its chances that I con't have cable and only get ABC and 5 PBS channels so by Thursday I have watched Chuck and 24 online and have not much else in options to watch.
    tnt.tv, take a look at Leverage. usanetwork.com, Psych, Burn Notice, White Collar and my favorite, In Plain Sight which returns March 31.

I am also limited to over the air channels right now, but the internet gives me options.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?