Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/26/09 Reds vs Astros

Re: 9/26/09 Reds vs Astros

Okay, so I know I said I was bad at math, but I lied. Speaking of patterns....

In the second, the Astros scored 1 run, the Reds 2. In the third the Astros scored 1 run and the Reds scored 3. If they keep this up, the Reds should win 44-8.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good to see Boone can still pick it.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Now 8-2 Reds. The offense has done a 180 in 2 months.

Bruce has his OPS quietly up to .745....starting to be a bit more optimistic about him next year.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Are we sure Juan Francisco can't help this team next year with the stick? He's been pretty frisky since his call-up...

Poor Jay. He's learning...I hope.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Bang! Bang! Herrera throws an 81mph slider to strike out the batter and I'm sure Corky's throw to second to get the runner was faster than 81.
    After 7 complete it's Reds 8 - Astros 4.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

BRUCE!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wow, the Reds sure are having fun with their bats tonight! I'm glad to see Jay having another good night and I ALWAYS enjoy seeing Joey tear it up during a game. Hey, could the Reds actually win tonight by the same score that they won with last night?! That would be a riot, LOL

I bet SirCharles is having a great time at the game!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Are we sure Juan Francisco can't help this team next year with the stick? He's been pretty frisky since his call-up...
    If he can play left field, they could platoon him out there and let him spell Rolen, who will need it, on occasion. That last at bat was poor, but he does have a knack up there, as one poster once correctly said.

Yup, they win tonight by the same score as last night! Let the quest for .500 continue!!!!!!!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Yup, they win tonight by the same score as last night! Let the quest for .500 continue!!!!!!!!!
    They only got 12 hits tonight instead of the 17 from last night. Slackers.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    The Corkinator gets into the mix with a single.
    Of all the Reds, Corky looked the most impressive during BP tonight. He must've hit 8-10 dingers off the wall just below the glass in left. Absolute bombs...but of course it was BP. :O)

Anyway, we just got back from the game. My daughter and I had great seats. Almost exactly where that guy was from last nights game who caught the flung bat into the stands down the third base line. Anyway, prior to the game during BP, I predicted a 10-2 score. I thought I nailed if for a while there. :O) I also lucked out and called Bruce's shot late in the game. It was a really great night overall. Votto the double machine continues to knock the cover off the ball. We got the win. And my daughter got Jay Bruce's, Drew Stubbs & Juan Francisco's autographs. Kudos to her. :O)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Lehr is the new Milton. Man, that's 7 HRs in less than 8 innings. That has to be some sort of record.

Pencil him in to start...at Louisville.
    It's also time to cut Justin a little bit of slack. Anybody notice the number of starts & innings he's logged this season. Good grief. That's one heck of a workload. All in all, I think he's handled himself in the bigs quite well considering his rather pedestrian stuff.

But yeah...Louisville it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Of all the Reds, Corky looked the most impressive during BP tonight. He must've hit 8-10 dingers off the wall just below the glass in left. Absolute bombs...but of course it was BP. :O)

Anyway, we just got back from the game. My daughter and I had great seats. Almost exactly where that guy was from last nights game who caught the flung bat into the stands down the third base line. Anyway, prior to the game during BP, I predicted a 10-2 score. I thought I nailed if for a while there. :O) I also lucked out and called Bruce's shot late in the game. It was a really great night overall. Votto the double machine continues to knock the cover off the ball. We got the win. And my daughter got Jay Bruce's, Drew Stubbs & Juan Francisco's autographs. Kudos to her. :O)
    I'm glad you had a great time at the game! Good for your daughter getting a few autographs too.

Turn Off Ads?