Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29/09 Reds vs. Redbirds

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 9/29/09 Reds vs. Redbirds

I just saw the video of Bruce's shot. Man, what a sweet swing. :O)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Good Lord, Taveras is so bad...
    He makes us wish for Corey Patterson back?! That's too scary to think about, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    He makes us wish for Corey Patterson back?
    Bite your tongue!

I was just trying to finish that thought but I'll try to do a better job.

Thom is probably thrilled to have someone to talk to in this inning.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

He makes us wish for Corey Patterson back?! That's too scary to think about, LOL
    Wow, Heather. That's just wrong .

I didn't mean that to be "finish the sentence," I was just so frustrated watching him bat. I still say he has pictures of Dusty, Walt, and Bob.

Stupid LaRue gets a hit up the center.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Wow, Heather. That's just wrong .

I didn't mean that to be "finish the sentence," I was just so frustratede watching him bat. I still say he has pictures of Dusty, Walt, and Bob.
    Hehe, I will never speak of him again.

He probably has pictures of half the Reds front office and coaching staff for how often he's gotten to play this year.

Ramon nearly catches LaRue off 1B but the throw is a tad late. Piniero strikes out attempting to bunt. Let's get a YESSIRREE here!

Shumaker strikes out for the second out of the inning.

Ramon nearly catches LaRue off 1B but the throw is a tad late. Piniero strikes out attempting to bunt. Let's get a YESSIRREE here!
    If by "YESSIRREE", you mean 3 straight punchouts...I agree. Let's do that. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    During his pre-game conversation with Marty he said that Willy has good numbers against Pineiro.
    I looked it up and before tonight, Taveras had 5 hits in 8 ABs against Pinero, all singles, with no walks and one K.

Why would Dusty care about those numbers so much? We need to be watching the young guys play to see what they can do. ANd if you are interested in winning, how can anyone really argue that Taveras gives you a better chance to win than Stubbs?

Tonight, Willy is already 0 for 2...
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Homer be sharp tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I looked it up and before tonight, Taveras had 5 hits in 8 ABs against Pinero, all singles, with no walks and one K.

Why would he care about those numbers so much? We need to be watching the young guys play to see what they can do. ANd if you are interested in winning, how can anyone really argue that Taveras gives you a better chance to win than Stubbs?

Tonight, Willy is already 0 for 2...
    I think it was more of a token start and an extra day off for Stubbs. Dusty just used the small sample as an excuse to shut people up.

BTW-I'll be switching over to The Biggest Loser at 8 PM so if anyone else can carry on with the PBP at that time, that would be awesome. I'll be going back and forth between the two things but BL is my priority tonight.

Jay nearly has the out but it falls foul.

Two K's and a popout work for me too in getting the three outs, LOL

Turn Off Ads?