Joey Votto 1b
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Scott Rolen 3b
    Jay Bruce rf
    Laynce Nix lf
    Ryan Hanigan c
    Bronson Arroyo p

vs. RH John Smoltz (1-2, 3.18)

Justin Lehr will start tomorrow. Matt Maloney had been scheduled but he’s still bothered by that blister on his left middle finger.

~has anybody heard anything about Gomes? He's played only twice in the past 7 games. Illness? Injury?
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 09-30-2009 at 06:16 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 9-30-09 Reds vs Cards

11 straight starts by Bronson where he's gone 7 innings or more with allowing 3 runs or less. If he gets the 12th, it'll be the first time in Reds history. Say what you want about Bronson, but he's been dominant in the second half. I'm not sure there's been a better duo than Bronson & Homer of late.

Schumaker K's to start the game.

High five!

Chat is open for this exciting, late season matchup!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Bronson is awesome.

Howdy from my little corner of the world!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Nice first inning for Bronson and boy did Brandon look surprised when that Big Al grounder ended up in his glove, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Darn! I thought it was another leadoff dinger. Stubbs drive caught at the wall.

Wow, Stubbs nearly had another lead off HR! So close!!

Two down, trade-bait coming to the plate.

*ducks the hurled objects from Heather* :O)

*throws a very large brick at SirCharles*

Double for Joey!!

Woohoo! Who'd thunk it? A double by Votto. He's just incredible.

Team record for Votto. Most doubles in one month. EVER.

Could we actually see 2 team records fall in one game?
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 09-30-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Jeff Brantley must not watch the AL very often because Oriole 2B Brian Roberts has been a doubles machine for most of his career and is sitting on FIFTY SIX of them right now. Jeff, get out a little more buddy!

Not that I mind Joey setting more records and becoming even more awesome though!

Brandon pops out to right. Okay, we didn't score...but it looks like we're getting good wood on Smoltzie. That's a good sign.

I thought I heard that Brian Roberts is just about the break the season doubles record (by Biggio I think it was).

Smoltz really has had an incredible career. I've always liked him and it would be nice to see him end his career on a happier note than it would have had it ended after his stint with the RS.

Turn Off Ads?