Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 10/01/09 Reds vs Cards

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 10/01/09 Reds vs Cards

Corky may handle the staff well, but his bat is simply too anemic for the majors.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nice AB by Bruce...ten pitches and repeated fouls vs. Carpenter. Even though it was an error, Jay is showing some good signs there.

Miller bounces out to 3rd. Nothing...

Carpenter is at 79 pitches after 4 innings. At that rate, they are likely to pull him after one or two more innings.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Marty: "The Cardinals are trying to sign Holliday this off season. But Holliday is represented by the Anti-christ"

He may be older & grumpier...but Marty's still funny as hell sometimes. :O)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Marty: "The Cardinals are trying to sign Holliday this off season. But Holliday is represented by the Anti-christ"

He may be older & grumpier...but Marty's still funny as hell sometimes. :O)
    That comment just made me laugh out loud at work, LOL It's true though. Bora$ is so horrible to deal with that I don't know why small market teams draft players represented by him.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I guess we were due for a whooping.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Viola in the game. Work got in the way so I'm guessing the Cards wailed away on Owings.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Reds out in order. 9-0 Cards after five. One more run for the Cards and we can invoke the 10 run rule.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Carpenter has 12 career RBIs and 6 of them are from today.

Meh, I guess the Reds need to get the bad game out of their system so they can sweep the Pirates this weekend.

And I guess the quest is now for 79 wins instead of 80. Stupid Cards.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I guess we were due for a whooping.
    This is a good old fashioned butt whoopin' today. 12-0 Cards in the 6th.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

At least this butt whooping gives the starters a bit of a rest and the backups a chance to play before heading into the last series of the year.

What is the record for players used in a nine inning game? They are running everyone out there.

Cards just taking it out on us for cheatin' 'em yesterday.

My daughter and I went to the game with my pastor, and even with him there, the Reds didn't have a prayer. It really was a laugher and I've been to games we got a real shellacking and I felt worse, but this one was just funny. I mean, Carpenter hit that grand slam on the his first pitch and it just became bizarre. Well, lets smack the Pirates around a bit and finish on a better note.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

So this was Carpenter's 1st home run AND he doubled his career RBI total. Wow, just wow. It was that sort of game.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?