Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10/2: Reds vs Pirates

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 10/2: Reds vs Pirates

Rolen, Bruce, Balentein & a ph'er due up. Capps in.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Short popper to first. 1 down.

Jay with a rocket off the base of the wall. Oppo-style. Me likey. Double, without an arm like Jay's to gun him down.

Barker ph'ing in the ODC

Wlad K's.

Barker up

Grounder to short to end it. 3-1 Pirates.

No winning home record this season.

We'll get 'em next time.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Milledge deep flyout to Wlad to end the inning. How good has Masset been lately? Rock solid.

Rally Caps!

*chirp* Man, somebody needs to kill the crickets in this place.
    Thanks Sir Charles. Nice job letting us who didn't get a chance to watch the game know what happened.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I went to the game downtown tonight and it was a good time even though the Reds couldn't pull off the win. Balentein's HR was a BOMB and the outfielders didn't even move when it went into the air. Guys made some good contact on the balls tonight but they just died midair. Jay hit one that we thought for sure was out of the park and instead it was caught at the wall. A few other guys hit the ball well but just missed getting a hit or HR (Drew and Justin Lehr both hit rockets that we caught at the wall). Joey missed out on a double in his third at bat when Milledge had to have strained his groin running and stretching out to catch it in left. He was moving around and looking gimpy for the rest of that inning, LOL Justin settled down to pitch pretty decently after looking VERY rough in the early innings. I give him props for keeping it close and only giving up the three runs. The relievers did a nice job tonight (Burton looked really good which is nice to see since I'd like to see him be part of the bullpen next year) and I'm glad none of them threw a lot of pitches so they didn't get used up too much. It was freaking FREEZING in the ballpark (we were up in the View level in the third row) so I'm glad I remembered to bring my jacket this time! We're probably going to the game again tomorrow night (and hitting the HOF for the first time all season) and we have great seats for the season finale on Sunday afternoon. I hope I get to see wins in both those games and I'm definitely looking forward to the Sunday afternoon game since it shouldn't be in the 50s temperature wise like tonight, LOL

Hope you guys behaved in the game thread tonight!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    It was freaking FREEZING in the ballpark (we were up in the View level in the third row) so I'm glad I remembered to bring my jacket this time!
    Heather, you know you can sit pretty much wherever you want, right? Just last week on a Friday night, me and a buddy bought $5 bleacher seat tickets and proceeded to sit down along the 3rd base line in the 100 level seats. Since there's about 46 people at the game, the ushers don't even bother checking anybody's tickets.

Of course, I'm not sure it'll be any warmer down there, but you will be closer to the action!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Heather, you know you can sit pretty much wherever you want, right? Just last week on a Friday night, me and a buddy bought $5 bleacher seat tickets and proceeded to sit down along the 3rd base line in the 100 level seats. Since there's about 46 people at the game, the ushers don't even bother checking anybody's tickets.

Of course, I'm not sure it'll be any warmer down there, but you will be closer to the action!
    Yeah, I know we could have moved but we were having fun with the people around us so we just stayed put last night. We have seats in the sections behind the Reds dugout tonight and tomorrow night so we'll be good for the rest of the weekend. We would have moved last night but we were right behind home plate so we could see the game just fine (and my mom didn't feel like moving either, LOL). I honestly don't know if it would have been warmer down there or not because the wind was whipping through everywhere, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Heather, make sure you bring the good mojo with you. I'd like to see our boys go out on a high note this year. Let's take the last 2!

Oh, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Heather, make sure you bring the good mojo with you. I'd like to see our boys go out on a high note this year. Let's take the last 2!

Oh, and have fun!
    I'll do my best with the mojo (I want that high note too!) and I will definitely do my best to have fun too. I will also be bringing a warmer jacket with me tonight because the sweatshirt I took last night didn't do a very good job, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I'll do my best with the mojo (I want that high note too!) and I will definitely do my best to have fun too. I will also be bringing a warmer jacket with me tonight because the sweatshirt I took last night didn't do a very good job, LOL
    So the seats weren't too bad, eh?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?