And this one belongs to the Reds!

High five!

Re: Ocrober 4, 2009: Pirates at Reds, Game 162

Reds win!

Reds win.

Pirates 9th:

Carlos Fisher in to pitch.
    LaRoche lines a one hopper which Rosales dives to his left and gets, throw to first, one out.
    Jones pops out Sutton in short center, two outs.
    Milledge flies out to Bruce in right.

And this one belongs to the Reds, 6 to 0 over the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Reds end up 78-84.

Good luck George Grande! Good luck Hal McCoy!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

...and this one belongs to the REDS!!!

Nice exclamation point ending to the season. A shutout and Bailey finishes the season 8-5.

It's going to be a looooong winter, but at least the team is young and not a bunch of retreads. HOPE!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

It's been a fun ride with lots of positives to look forward to in 2010. We've gotten all the bad luck injuries out of the way hopefully. Let's hope the guys build on the way we finished the season, 27-13 over the final 40 games by the way. As usual, there's always next year, but this is always one of the saddest days of the year for me.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 10-04-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Another sunday with a Reds and Bengals win.

High five!

One last smiling scoreboard for George!

Phillips had like what....10 runners out there to drive in today. He almost homered in the first and that was the difference in not getting that 100 RBI.

Good way to finish.......Bengals gave me the Red Foxx special though.

I know a lot of you didn't like George, but I always did and will miss him big time. Live long and prosper, George!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I know a lot of you didn't like George, but I always did and will miss him big time. Live long and prosper, George!
    Yeah, I thought the Reds sendoffs for him and Hal McCoy were classy.

The doldrums of June and July sunk the Reds this year. They actually started out well, stayed within the hope of contention, and then fell apart. Many will say it was because of the injuries, but the flawed roster and lineup became the main culprit as we saw as the middle of August approached. Hope for next year? Yes.

The sendoff of George Grande was touching. The guy appeared to be the most beloved of the Reds broadcasters. Same with Hal McCoy. Both caught flak on these boards, but their peers loved them, and that's the measure of a man. As I said in another thread, winning would have tempered that somewhat, but both are good guys and I wish them well. They asked George if he'd come back to help if needed and he said yes. We've probably not heard the last of George on FSO.

Same with Hal McCoy. It would be hard to believe he won't be around in some capacity, even if he is on the downside of 60.

And so the saddest day of the year has come and it's time to start the countdown to spring training. I can't wait because we're in first place so far.

So utterly angry right now...

Set this up to record, verified that it was recording on my DVR and when I go to watch it play...nothing but 6 hours of a black screen.

So pissed right now

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Depressing stat of the day

–Joey Votto had three hits to finish the season at .323. He’s the first Red to over .300 since Sean Casey and Ken Griffey Jr. did in 2005.
    Obviously Fay once you notice a typo. :O) 3 years and NOBODY topped .300? Just sad. But brighter days are on the horizon.

Well, that's a wrap. But it was nice to get some W's down the stretch and see the following:
    - Improvement from Bailey
    - Some positive signs from Bruce
    - Votto being Votto
    - Nice bounceback from Cueto, who hopefully will avoid winter ball and rest his arm this winter
    - Stubbs making the most of his callup
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?