Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Zimmer's Wife passes away

On the brink of disaster

Mike Zimmer's Wife passes away

Just coming across twitter... shocking... Apparently she died yesterday.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Mike Zimmer's Wife passes away

I saw Chad twittered that someone on the team had lost someone very close.

Unbelievably sad -- Mike Zimmer isn't an old guy by any stretch, so I can't imagine his wife was very old at all. My thoughts are with Mike and his entire family today.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Retired

Is it bad if I view this more as a bengals than anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    If you view it as we are likely going to have our defensive coordinator MIA before likely the biggest game this season, then no.

That being said, there are more important things. Thoughts and prayers are with Mike Zimmer and his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

WCPO is saying that he came home and found his wife unresponsive. He called 911 but I guess it didn't matter at that point. Very sad for anyone to have that happen, especially when they have 3 kids. My thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If you view it as we are likely going to have our defensive coordinator MIA before likely the biggest game this season, then no.

That being said, there are more important things. Thoughts and prayers are with Mike Zimmer and his family.
    Yea thats how I first reacted honestly. I guess if others kinda felt the same way I wont get to upset at myself for doing it.

Retired

Yea thats how I first reacted honestly. I guess if others kinda felt the same way I wont get to upset at myself for doing it.
    I thought it to, but it's just a game. In the big picture, it doesn't really mean a whole lot. The players still get thier millions, and everyone is happy.

Zimmer on the other hand, his life is now changed forever. He could be gone for the rest of the season. Going to be very hard on him and his family, especially with the holidays coming up. I don't think I'd be in any big hurry to return either.

Yes. The "biggest game of the year" isn't even secondary to a man losing his wife of 27 years.

Wasn't she mentioned on Hard Knocks for making cookies for the team, because she thought that Zimmer was too hard on them?

My wife's Grandpa had a heart attack yesterday, it is stuff like this that reminds you of what really is important in life.

Really sad.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Yeah, its bad.

Football is just a game. The man lost his wife while they are both in the prime of their lives. A very sad and sorrowful thing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Wow. This is just as awful as awful gets. I can't begin to comprehend the impact something like this would have on a man and their children.

And yeah, when I read the headline, football didn't even cross my mind. It just doesn't matter. AT ALL!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    WCPO is saying that he came home and found his wife unresponsive. He called 911 but I guess it didn't matter at that point. Very sad for anyone to have that happen, especially when they have 3 kids. My thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family.
    Oh wow -- I didn't even realize they had kids.

Just awful...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Wasn't she mentioned on Hard Knocks for making cookies for the team, because she thought that Zimmer was too hard on them?
    Yup, that's her. She very frequently made things for the players. Death usually has almost no effect on me, but this one is really hitting me hard for some reason. I wish the Zimmer family the best--I can't imagine what it must feel like.

Not really. It's a horrible story, but you don't know them personally. People die tragically all over the world all the time, but you really can't dwell on that fact or you'd never do anything else.

So, while it's not exactly the perfect reaction, it also doesn't make you a terrible person.

Turn Off Ads?