Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Ball '09-'10.

Re: Winter Ball '09-'10.

Hope Dorn gets protected. I think he could strike a few "quandrangular ones" for the Reds in the coming years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

McDonald keeps rolling. Nov 1: McDonald 2 for 3 with a double, HR and a BB. So far in Mexico, McDonald in 74 ABs has 8 BB and 10 K with 6 HR and has a line of .378/.429/.703/1.131. There is no room for him now, but he's better than Willy and I wouldn't mind him back on a minor league deal as depth at AAA.

Rosales went 0 for 4 in the same game but he's at .325/.419/.475/.894. My favortite part is 12 BB with only 9Ks on 80 ABs..
    Last edited by mth123; 11-02-2009 at 03:46 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

With an 0 for 4 on Nov 1, Dorn must have the Redszone jinx. He's 0 for his last 10 and his line is now down to .250/.400/.500/.900 in 52 Abs with 8 BBs and 14 Ks and 4 HR.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Francisco looks like his bat is waking up. 5 for 14 over his last 5 games with a double, triple and a HR. But he is a notorious slow starter wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Francisco looks like his bat is waking up. 5 for 14 over his last 5 games with a double, triple and a HR. But he is a notorious slow starter wherever he goes.
    Jukich struck him out tonight though.
    Last edited by roborobj; 11-07-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Danny Dorn hasn't played since November 1. Anyone have any ideas why?

Rosales has cooled a bit. He's just 3 for 22 in November with no extra base hits. His line is now .296/.405/.418. Nothing special for the Mexican Pacific League.

The PR League starts today. Reds include:

Todd Frazier (listed as OF)
    Federico Baez
    Juan Silva

The PR League starts today. Reds include:

Todd Frazier (listed as OF)
    Federico Baez
    Juan Silva
    Also Jose Castro, Alexis Oliveras and Camilo Vazquez

Baez pitched 1.2 innings

3 H
    2 R
    2 ER
    1 K
    Last edited by GOYA; 11-12-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Adam Rosales went 3 for 3 with a BB and a double last night and is now at .300/.400/.427/.827 in about 130 PAs in the Mexican Pacific league. Rosales historically takes a little time to adjust to a new level. I wouldn't write him off as useless just yet. He's versatile (he played LF last night) and has some hitting ability. Last night he played LF and he is the best defensive 3B in the organization not named Rolen.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Adam Rosales went 3 for 3 with a BB and a double last night and is now at .300/.400/.427/.827 in about 130 PAs in the Mexican Pacific league. Rosales historically takes a little time to adjust to a new level. I wouldn't write him off as useless just yet. He's versatile (he played LF last night) and has some hitting ability. Last night he played LF and he is the best defensive 3B in the organization not named Rolen.
    Agree on Rosales and I think it's way too early to give up on Sutton either. I think we'll get some very creditable work as backups from both. Actually I wish they'd given Rosales to catcher at least a look about three years ago.

Agreed, as well. Rosales could be a major surprise this year. It wouldn't be a shock if Rosales' 2010 looks a lot like Hairston's 2008.

I have to say I'm sure there is a reason (I would guess range since his glove and arm are capable) but the limited time I saw him at SS he looked pretty good. Him at starting SS with Janish for late inning defensive replacement would be intriguing. And I think his bat would play there and eventually much better than he has shown to this point. He had 15 XBH's in 266 pa's which isn't great but I think he has enough pop and we know he can take a walk (right at 10% this season) all he'd have to do is get a bit better at bat control to up his BA and I think he'd easily put up a .750 OPS.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 11-14-2009 at 01:23 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I saw it mentioned on FanGraphs earlier today that high OBP, low ISO guys in the minors don't tend to suceed in the majors unless they have substantial speed -- think Luis Castillo, Chone Figgins, or Ryan Freel. I think Rosales sort of fits that profile; he hit for power in the minors, but it was very much gap power, not HR power. I'd want him to get the first crack at the 2B job if Phillips were traded, but not convinced he's going to hit enough to stick.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?