Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Paul Wilson signs a 2 yr contract with the Reds

I agree with you there Puffy.. Actually, if we had won one lousy game in that last 3 game series with the Brewers, it would've all been moot.
    Actually the Reds did win one game; the Sunday night/Monday morning game played in the swamp after 10 hours of rain. If they had won either the Friday night extra inning affair or the Saturday afternoon game, they would have never played the Mets on Monday.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Now that Colon is off of the market where will Bowden pull the next rabbit out of his hat from, or will he continue to play the shell game by having open house tryouts every spring for retreads er um going back to chuck more stones at wharf rats?

1999 must have been his best season for hunting rabbits. Here today, gone tomorrow. So is it true that Bowden is a silent partner with Kremchek “Discount Arm Replacements’R Us and Associates”?

From ESPN's Fantasy page:

Arms Race

If Paul Wilson can pitch 200 innings for Cincinnati this season, he has a chance to be one of fantasy's biggest sleepers. Then again, if Wilson could throw 200 innings, the Reds wouldn't have been able to afford him. The oft-injured right-hander managed 30 starts and 193.2 innings last season for Tampa Bay, but the extra work didn't do much for his numbers. Wilson posted a double-digit ERA over his final six appearances, leaving his final numbers in line with his 6-12 record. But for much of the season, he was better than six wins suggests. With Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns and Ken Griffey behind him, Wilson could easily reverse that record and drop his ERA by a run.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

From TSN's Inside Dish:

Righthanded pitcher Paul Wilson threw a career-high 193 2/3 innings for the Devil Rays last season, and one scout says the Reds would get optimal performance from him if they occasionally skipped him in the rotation and limited him to 150 innings.

The Reds know Wilson must be handled with care because of his history of arm trouble and figure they won't need to push him because of the strength of their bullpen. If Wilson stays healthy, he could be a terrific signing. If not, he could become an albatross. The Reds will pay him $500,000 next season and $3.5 million in 2004 . . .

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    I don't think it needs to be as low as 150 innings. Just watch the pitch counts. If the Reds keep him to only 5 or 6 starts over 100 pitches, and never over 110, he could still match his inning totals of last year. Remember, he missed 3 starts last year, and I've documented the high pitch counts.
    Stick to your guns.

Parris had the best ERA on the team, but the least amount of starts and innings.
    but Parris also had the most baserunners per 9 IP after Vilone.. if I read that chart right. Parris was the luckiest pitcher I ever saw that year. I remember him giving up tons of hits/walks and then getting bailed out by the defense.

Turn Off Ads?