Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ball Park pet peeves

Ball Park pet peeves

I was looking at the Reds' FanFoto galleries for some of our game pictures, and I was reminded of one of the things that puzzles and aggravates me when I go to a ball game.

Let's say the Reds are hosting the Padres.....I would expect to see many, many Reds jerseys, t-shirts, caps, etc. I would also reasonably expect to see a scattering of Padres apparel. WHAT GETS ME is the random guy I see walking around wearing say, a Marlins, jersey. WHY ?

It makes me want to stop this guy and say "Hey buddy, you do know the Marlins aren't playing here tonight, right ?"

Wear the home team jersey......wear the visitors' jersey, even.....but don't wear the jersey of a team that's not even playing that day or maybe playing a game on the West Coast !

That's my Ball Park pet peeve. What's yours ?

"...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ball Park pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    1. The non-stop music and contests in between innings. I don't need constant entertainment and stimulation. I would rather have some quiet so I could talk to people in between innings. Oh, and all of the dopey sound effects when a foul ball is hit into the stands (*BOOM* *THUNK* *CRASH*). Same goes for player intro music.

2. Obnoxious (often drunk) fans. Especially those who curse in front of my kids.

3. The Reds losing more than winning for the last nine years.

People wear what they have. Maybe the guy was from FLA.

kids, and people who arent even there for the game, or the least bit interested in it, doing nothing but talking the whole time, getting up and down constantly, and not paying any attention to whats going on. It isnt a frickin social event, its a game.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    kids, and people who arent even there for the game, or the least bit interested in it, doing nothing but talking the whole time, getting up and down constantly, and not paying any attention to whats going on. It isnt a frickin social event, its a game.
    Especially when they stand up and talk to each other between you and the field for a couple of innings!

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    People wear what they have. Maybe the guy was from FLA.
    Exactly. When I travel to another MLB city, I always check ahead of time to see if that team is in town. If so, I look for tickets on Craigslist and pack two Reds shirts.

This summer, I attended the Twins at Angels and wore my Cincinnati Reds ringer T shirt. Of course, other than the big CINCINNATI plastered across my chest, the shirt blended in rather inconspicuously with the Angels red and white.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Cubs fans.:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    I was looking at the Reds' FanFoto galleries for some of our game pictures, and I was reminded of one of the things that puzzles and aggravates me when I go to a ball game.

Let's say the Reds are hosting the Padres.....I would expect to see many, many Reds jerseys, t-shirts, caps, etc. I would also reasonably expect to see a scattering of Padres apparel. WHAT GETS ME is the random guy I see walking around wearing say, a Marlins, jersey. WHY ?

It makes me want to stop this guy and say "Hey buddy, you do know the Marlins aren't playing here tonight, right ?"

Wear the home team jersey......wear the visitors' jersey, even.....but don't wear the jersey of a team that's not even playing that day or maybe playing a game on the West Coast !

You're probably the guy who wears the t-shirt of the band you're going to see in concernt that night too, aren't you?
    Sto Pro Veritate

1. I liked the way the retired numbers were displayed at Riverfront better (on jerseys).

2. I agree about the constant entertainment. Just let the boys play the game. If I needed that type of entertainment I would go to Disney World.

3. Ballplayers music when they step up to bat. I liked the concept at first, then I realized our players are a bunch of pop culture hip hop music tools. Man this baseball, play something that jacks your adrenaline. Heavy Metal was invented for this reason!

4. Cubs fans 2003-present. Indians fans 97-99. Braves fans 92-2002.

5. The fact that the Reds play in a homerun hitters park and if your name isn't Adam Dunn no other Red can obviously hit 40+ hrs in a season. Hoping Joey Votto will prove me wrong.

6. Overall I just liked Riverfront Stadium better, but I believe that is due to the memories I cherish at that ballpark. Great American Ballpark is yet to field a great Reds team.

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    You're probably the guy who wears the t-shirt of the band you're going to see in concernt that night too, aren't you?
    Whats wrong with that? When I saw Van Halen in 07, I sported my Van Halen (not Van Hagar) shirt and everybody was like damn I love your shirt. OF course if you go see your favorite band your going to wear the shirt...why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Red View Post
    Cubs fans.:thumbdown
    No arguing that.

Not a big fan of when the team's winning and fans insist on bringing around The Wave 5 times. No problem with The Wave, but I want to see the action on the field :.

I go in on season tickets with a bunch of teachers I work with. The seats are the first row right next to the Reds bullpen. I hate when people(especially grown men) are constantly coming down to where we are to ask for a ball! My son is 8 and has gotten about 10 or so the past few years from the guys in the pen, which is cool for the little kids, but grown men!?!? Drives me crazy!
    Another is when a couple sitting behind us would yell "Drop it!" everytime the Reds would hit a flyball to centerfield. Not just once or twice, but everytime!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I was perterbed about the diamond seats and club seats and the drop off in quality in these sections. I wrote in my blog about it in detail. If you were there in the early days of GABP, you know what I mean.

I also hate that "gates open at 5:35 and the ushers are standing there as enemies at the gates and wait til 5:38 to let excited fans in who showed up extra early to squeeze every last moment out of the ballpark!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Eardrum-splitting air horns. And the drunk fan who always seems to be in possession of same.

Turn Off Ads?