Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NEVER talk to the police

NEVER talk to the police

I highly suggest that you watch all 48 minutes of this. If you don't really have time for ALL of this video, then start at 8:30 and watch the 8 reason why NOT to talk to police. But I think the officer at the end of the video is more interesting IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NEVER talk to the police

Why is this guy blocking his own powerpoint?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Interesting watch. I hope to never be in a situation where I'm defending myself, but this will certainly stick in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Interesting watch. I hope to never be in a situation where I'm defending myself, but this will certainly stick in my mind.
    It's certainly true. Seriously, listening to the cop is scarier because it just proves those guys try anything to get a confession out of you. I'm not say they're framing you, but it's their job to get a conviction.

I've never understood why more criminals didn't have lawyer present when they talked to authorities. But then again, there's a reason they were caught in the first place.

One of my neighbors is a police officer. Our kids go to school together. We drink beers King of the Hill style a couple of times a year. He directs traffic at the neighborhood elementary school every morning, leads a Daisy Scout troop, and is building a non-profit organization to help military vets who are homeless.

One of my co-workers is married to another police officer. He's also a Deacon in his church. Prior to being a police officer, he was in the Marine Corps. He went into the Reserves about 8 years ago and is currently deployed on his 3rd tour to Afghanistan.

Sucks that I can't talk to those guys any more.

Cue GIDP with Eff The Pooo Lease comments

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Cue GIDP with Eff The Pooo Lease comments
    I was staying out of this thread until you called.

But yea some police are good guys but its no accident that everyone normally feels the same way about cops other than people who are cops.

I used to be the guy that said "sure, talk to the police, we've got nothing to hide". Until my son got in some hot water where he was blindsided by some police questioning and very nearly got himself into some extremely serious trouble before I caught wind of what was going on.

Any more, it's "I'm sorry officer, but I'm not talking to you without a lawyer present". Period, end of story. Nothing good can happen and a whole lot bad can happen. No offense intended to any of the fine law enforcement folks who read this.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    But yea some police are good guys but its no accident that everyone normally feels the same way about cops other than people who are cops.
    I get the feeling that its more like those who have a reason to hide something from the cops feel the same way about cops as others with things to hide, while those with nothing to hide tend to feel the same way about cops as others with nothing to hide. But maybe that's just the impression I get.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I get the feeling that its more like those who have a reason to hide something from the cops feel the same way about cops as others with things to hide, while those with nothing to hide tend to feel the same way about cops as others with nothing to hide. But maybe that's just the impression I get.
    I'm pretty much a model citizen and I feel this way. I dont use drugs, I drink but have never drove drunk. I have only had like 3 speeding tickets in 10 years, with 2 of them being in a 25 or a 35 zone.

I have been pulled over for a whole host of crap excuses like tail light out, turn signals supposedly not working, weaving over the yellow line. Ive had cops try to say I didnt have my seat belt on.

Its not really just cops though. I question authority because I know that people who have supposed power tend to use it over people who dont. Its human nature to flex it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I'm pretty much a model citizen and I feel this way. I dont use drugs, I drink but have never drove drunk. I have only had like 3 speeding tickets in 10 years, with 2 of them being in a 25 or a 35 zone.

I have been pulled over for a whole host of crap excuses like tail light out, turn signals supposedly not working, weaving over the yellow line. Ive had cops try to say I didnt have my seat belt on.

Its not really just cops though. I question authority because I know that people who have supposed power tend to use it over people who dont. Its human nature to flex it.
    I have never had any such issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have never had any such issues.
    Maybe im being profiled!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Here's an idea: don't put yourself in a situation where you an on duty officer would want/need to talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    One of my neighbors is a police officer. Our kids go to school together. We drink beers King of the Hill style a couple of times a year. He directs traffic at the neighborhood elementary school every morning, leads a Daisy Scout troop, and is building a non-profit organization to help military vets who are homeless.

One of my co-workers is married to another police officer. He's also a Deacon in his church. Prior to being a police officer, he was in the Marine Corps. He went into the Reserves about 8 years ago and is currently deployed on his 3rd tour to Afghanistan.

Sucks that I can't talk to those guys any more.
    Obviously, the context is completely different when you're buddies with police officers.

Turn Off Ads?