Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Sure I can, I believe I just did. It was really easy, in fact.

Sorry, anybody who takes that post "as slanderous and libelous" instead of pretty much tongue in cheek needs a serious dose of relaxation. There was very little sincerity in my my book.

Now, if you want to get serious, attending college for one year while playing for a proven two time cheater makes you dirty in my book. Not that it matters to any of them anyway. They got their year of college ball in, and now they are going to the pros.
    For those that enjoy redundancy, Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)

If you're going to bad on Cal, bag on him for the right reasons at least.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I read it that a potential lockout is one of the things he's weighing, not one of the reasons he'd consider staying.

Thats the way I took it.

Did anyone see Kanter last night at the Nike Hoops Summit ? The kid really impressed me. He finished with around 34 points and 15 rebounds. His point total beat Dirk Nowitzki's record.

Declaring is one of those things I don't understand. You NEVER see a football guy go back because of the rules involved and there is almost zero wiggle room. While baseball players can be drafted, negotiate with draftor team, decide it isnt for them and go back to school. NBA not much different you can enter the draft process, get looked at by everyone, get told about where you should go, go back to school. Why the lack of options for football guys who might have been hyped up by some draft "guru" but NFL doesnt see the same player and cost the kid possible millions?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    For those that enjoy redundancy, Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)

If you're going to bad on Cal, bag on him for the right reasons at least.
    The man had two Final Four's vacated at two different schools.

It speaks for itself.

Rod Strickland was arrested this morning for a DUI.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The man had two Final Four's vacated at two different schools.

It speaks for itself.
    It's not as clear-cut as you're making it out to be, and it's kinda like arguing religion and politics. No one is going to change the other's mind. That being said, unless some new information comes to light about what happened at UMass and/or Memphis, let's keep the discussion on "2010 Kentucky Wildcat's Men's Basketball". If some new information does come to light, then it probably will deserve a thread of its own.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Rod Strickland was arrested this morning for a DUI.
    That can't be good. He had some problems with alcohol when he was in the NBA didn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That can't be good. He had some problems with alcohol when he was in the NBA didn't he?
    This was his 4th DUI. His first since 2001. This isn't good for him at all. With the facts we know at the moment I really can't see how he can keep his current job at UK.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/12/1...all-coach.html
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 04-12-2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This was his 4th DUI. His first since 2001. This isn't good for him at all. With the facts we know at the moment I really can't see how he can keep his current job at UK.

Cal has been known to give second chances, but with this hanging over the head of parents, I can't see him staying.

I'm curious how many people will be willing to throw him under the bus if Kenny Payne (current Oregon assistant and former UL star) were to become available with his connections to Terrence Jones.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

He was acquitted of one of those, so he actually only has two DUIs.

Still not good.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Cal has been known to give second chances, but with this hanging over the head of parents, I can't see him staying.

I'm curious how many people will be willing to throw him under the bus if Kenny Payne (current Oregon assistant and former UL star) were to become available with his connections to Terrence Jones.
    Payne is under a personal services contract to Oregon. Don't expect to see him in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Payne is under a personal services contract to Oregon. Don't expect to see him in Lexington.
    I know. I read that already.

I kinda wonder though if Oregon would end up severing ties with Payne if they can't find anybody. Kind of hard to attract a big name coach when you are being told you have to take somebody on your staff.

Yeah I wonder... Supposedly Tubby would've likely taken the job but we all know how he feels about being required to hire/fire his assistants.

By the way... Enes Kanter had 34 points and 13 rebounds in the NIKE Hoops Summit in just 24 minutes of playing time.

Dave Kersey, whose opinion I really respect, said he thinks Kanter will be as good as Cousins was for UK this season. He's not your typical Euro player... kid loves to bang inside. Still has a nice shooting touch, however.

If UK ends up landing who I think they'll land, I could see a starting five of ALL freshmen next season with D. Miller relegated to 6th man. Crazy!

Turn Off Ads?