Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not Kentucky news, but Louisville's new arena will be named the KFC Yum! Center in one of the worst sponsorship names in recent history.

Seriously, why not the KFC Buckett? Just drop Yum! and the value of the name increases substantially.
    Everyone hated the thought that it would be called the Bucket so I guess this is marginally better. Really, I don't care what they name the new arena. At least the naming writes were bought by a local company.

In related news, Pitino also announced that the first opponent will be Butler.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Everyone hated the thought that it would be called the Bucket so I guess this is marginally better. Really, I don't care what they name the new arena. At least the naming writes were bought by a local company.

I would have went for the Porcini's Yuck! Center.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I love "The Bucket" as a nickname for a basketball arena. I can't imagine much better, especially from a corporate sponsorship.

But KFC Yum! Center?

Yuck.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The writes?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The writes?
    I spelled "Bucket" wrong, so....

Sorry, an extra T on bucket isn't 10% as funny as writes instead of rights.

The writes?
    Bad thing is, I even saw that as I was typing but I was in too big of hurry to think about it more.

Bad thing is, I even saw that as I was typing but I was in too big of hurry to think about it more.
    I know, just busting your balls a little bit.

Samardo isn't really going pro is he?!?!?!

I know, just busting your balls a little bit.

Samardo isn't really going pro is he?!?!?!
    I haven't seen anyone credible say this but it wouldn't surprise me if he tested the waters. He isn't the smartest guy but it shouldn't take him long to realize that going undrafted is not a good way to start your career.

part of BBN

I haven't seen anyone credible say this but it wouldn't surprise me if he tested the waters. He isn't the smartest guy but it shouldn't take him long to realize that going undrafted is not a good way to start your career.
    WHAS was discussing this tonight but said they didnt know if he hired an agent. The weird part of this is, today in a news conference, Pitino was asked if everyone was coming back and he said Yes. Then a few hours later, this report comes out.
    Also...in conference, Pitino said if Hayward comes back, Butler will be ranked first or second. If he doesnt, they will be 5th or 6th.
    Lachlean McLean, the host, said this is classic Rick building up opponents as he said...there is No Way Butler will be ranked that high if he comes back and certainly not if he doesnt.

I'm trying to be as objective as I can possibly be, but I really have to wonder how much Louisville fans can put up with this?

• The Karen Sypher scandal
    • A Louisville team that seriously underachieved this season
    • Possibly losing the best player on that team to the draft
    • A 2010 recruiting class headlined by a player who may not even be academically eligible (Justin Coleman)
    • A 2011 recruiting class that if Marquis Teague ends up at Kentucky will have pretty much fallen apart outside of Wayne Blackshear
    • Constant flirtation with the NBA
    • Watching the other school in the Bluegrass State load up with top recruits and an equally despisable coach.

If this recruiting class falls apart like it looks to be doing, how long before Pitino is pushed out similar to Denny Crum?
    Last edited by WVRed; 04-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.

The Bucket would be a much better name the Yum Center. That's just a horrible name.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I think Louisville should employ rotating names.

Each season, KFC can name it after whatever big sandwich/meal/whatever they are trying to push at the time.

This season... KFC Double Down Arena...

2011... KFC Famous Bowl Arena...

2012...KFC 8 Piece Arena

2013... KFC Grilled Chicken Arena

The possibilities are endless.

Plus your building is named after a company that kills and packages the same type of animal as your mascot! A headline writer's dream.

There's probably been a few cardinals end up in the KFC blenders over the years.

Turn Off Ads?