Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Personally, I don't buy Matt Jones' story one bit, but I just mean to say he's not a violent offender or someone who is constantly in the spotlight for his misbehavior. His second arrest was for testing positive for alcohol. Sure, it was dumb and inconsiderate of him, but is that really such a big sign that he's going to constantly be in trouble for his ways?
    Well, yes. He's showing a pattern of poor judgment. Though to be totally honest my biggest concern isn't him acting stupid, it's the fact that he's not that good of a receiver. To me this signing isn't much more than a scratch off ticket.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Matt Jones - don't mind taking a flyer on him. If it doesn't work out, you can let him go. As far as his record goes, drugs and alcohol are problems that can be overcome. Lots of good people become addicted to drugs and alcohol and have gone on to become better people after beating their addictions. I see him as strictly a role player though.

Pacman Jones I want no part of. That guys troubles seem to arise from stupidity and a general lack of good character. I'd rather not have him in the locker room with some of the younger players on the team. That seems like a recipe for off-the-field trouble.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Everyone says Matt Jones is "no risk". What happens if he makes the team as the #3 receiver, then gets picked up for drugs around week 5? How did this team react after losing the #3 receiver this season? Players with a pattern of making bad choices are certainly a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Everyone says Matt Jones is "no risk". What happens if he makes the team as the #3 receiver, then gets picked up for drugs around week 5? How did this team react after losing the #3 receiver this season? Players with a pattern of making bad choices are certainly a risk.
    If Matt Jones makes the team, he is no better than a #4 receiver. You can't depend on him and it would be foolish for the Bengals to assume they can.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Pacman Jones I want no part of. That guys troubles seem to arise from stupidity and a general lack of good character. I'd rather not have him in the locker room with some of the younger players on the team. That seems like a recipe for off-the-field trouble.
    Agree. I wouldn't let PacMan Jones around anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    If Matt Jones makes the team, he is no better than a #4 receiver. You can't depend on him and it would be foolish for the Bengals to assume they can.
    You mean like how you can depend on Andre Caldwell, Jerome Simpson, Leverneaus Coles and Chase Coffman?

I don't see him as anything more than a role player brought in on passing downs and possibly an option at QB if the Bengals decide to jump on the Wildcat bandwagon.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You mean like how you can depend on Andre Caldwell, Jerome Simpson, Leverneaus Coles and Chase Coffman?
    No, you can't depend on him until he proves you can.

Caldwell is role player
    Simpson is a bust, doesn't know the playbook, and has been thrown out of practice by Carson Palmer on more than one occasion.
    Coles is old and ricketty
    Coffman ???
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

No, you can't depend on him until he proves you can.

Caldwell is role player
    Simpson is a bust, doesn't know the playbook, and has been thrown out of practice by Carson Palmer on more than one occasion.
    Coles is old and ricketty
    Coffman ???
    Personally, I'd love to see the Bengals go after and sign on March 5th Jason Avant. Avant can play all three WR's spots that Chad doesn't play, and, though this may be a detriment on him becoming a Bengal, he's as good a person as you'll find. Avant right now is better than every receiver on the Bengals not named Chad. Avant is one of the Top 24 Wide Receivers in the NFL. He's on a team loaded with depth, though. He's an unrestricted Free Agent, so the Eagles can't match, even if there's no CBA. He caught 71% of the passes thrown to him last year.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Personally, I'd love to see the Bengals go after and sign on March 5th Jason Avant. Avant can play all three WR's spots that Chad doesn't play, and, though this may be a detriment on him becoming a Bengal, he's as good a person as you'll find. Avant right now is better than every receiver on the Bengals not named Chad. Avant is one of the Top 24 Wide Receivers in the NFL. He's on a team loaded with depth, though. He's an unrestricted Free Agent, so the Eagles can't match, even if there's no CBA. He caught 71% of the passes thrown to him last year.
    I like it. The Bengals certainly need a possesion guy for defenses to worry about so chad or Caldwell, hell even Coles can stretch the field.
    Witty signature.

At least now the only time we have to worry about Stallworth is when we play the Ravens twice a year. Signed with Baltimore today per ESPN.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    At least now the only time we have to worry about Stallworth is when we play the Ravens twice a year. Signed with Baltimore today per ESPN.
    I was getting scared the Bengals were going to sign him..

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs212 View Post
    I was getting scared the Bengals were going to sign him..
    But I would rather have him than Matt Jones, if they had to pick up a "character cast-off". At least Stallworth had flashes of good play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    But I would rather have him than Matt Jones, if they had to pick up a "character cast-off". At least Stallworth had flashes of good play.
    In NE with Welker and Moss beside him. He was nothing special before that or after that in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    In NE with Welker and Moss beside him. He was nothing special before that or after that in Cleveland.
    More special than Matt Jones, who adds nothing to the offense, was my point. I'd rather have neither of them and go after another free agent WR.

Turn Off Ads?