Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Burger Joints in the Nati

Retired

Re: Top 5 Burger Joints in the Nati

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Thanks. No, I'd imagine most Redszoner's think their burger aficionado's.

I go back and forth with Terry's and Zip's. There both so good, but so different. We're very lucky to have both, and on top of that, they're only a mile or so away from each other.

Where's Boswell Alley? I've never heard of it.
    Boswell's is on Blue Rock in Northside, near Spring Grove Ave.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

My kitchen, hands down. There's nothing like getting some good beef, shaping it to the perfect thickness, and grilling it myself. I get it just the way I want it, with the seasoning I want. I haven't found a restaurant that can do one better yet.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    My kitchen, hands down. There's nothing like getting some good beef, shaping it to the perfect thickness, and grilling it myself. I get it just the way I want it, with the seasoning I want. I haven't found a restaurant that can do one better yet.
    What time is dinner tonight?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Also, The Fresh Market makes delicious burgers. I like the bacon & cheddar and the sun-dried tomato and white cheddar burgers they make. They go real well with some homemade sweet potato fries and a few Great Lakes beers.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    What time is dinner tonight?
    Unfortunately I'm in Houston at the moment. I cooked some on the Foreman grill in the truck stop parking lot the other day.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I love Five Guys, personally.
    I eat at Five Guys every time the opportunity presents itself, no matter the city. When I'm in Huntington for a Marshall game it is just part of my required routine. If you like flat-grilled burgers they can't be beat.

I'd agree about Zip's and we went to Arthur's one time when Zip's was too jammed. At Zip's you have to have their onion rings too - just as good. I go back and forth on Five Guys. I'll take Zip's any day.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

To elaborate on my previous post, I'm just not much of a sandwich person. When it comes to a burger, it's all about the meat. I like a burger very thick and cooked to that point where it's just done but not overcooked to that point where it's no longer juicy. Even a little hint of pink isn't a bad thing. I just make it thick, put some seasoning on it, grill it, and eat it with a fork and a small amount of salt and pepper. Maybe I'm the oddball around here.

Burger Wagon -- Downtown Miamisburg
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Besides the quality of meat, another thing that makes Zip's great is the meat-to-bun ratio. This ratio needs to be right around 1:1 for the perfect burger. Erroring with a smaller bun is acceptable, but the cardinal sin, IMO, is having the bun bigger than the meat. When this occurs, it shows me the restaurant has something to hide.

This is one of my problems with Arthur's. I think they make a damn good burger, but their buns are terrible. Too big and puffy. The bun should be smaller and thinner to allow the taste of their thick burgers to dominate the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    I miss White Castles something fierce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=966QGCFQyck
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Arthurs is my favorite. Blackened Bleu Burger, mmmmmmm. Terry's is 2nd, but it's impossible to get into the place. Zips is 3rd, but same with Terry's, it's often a little too cozy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I eat at Five Guys every time the opportunity presents itself, no matter the city. When I'm in Huntington for a Marshall game it is just part of my required routine. If you like flat-grilled burgers they can't be beat.
    I agree: Five Guys has the best burger in Huntington, although I do miss Heritage Station.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Wheres this Zips? I'm hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    Wheres this Zips? I'm hungry!
    Mt. Lookout Square.

Turn Off Ads?