Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

This new league is based on the Redszone Dynasty League, which you may have seen here in the Fantasy Island forum. That league has been a great success, so much so that all 12 owners have returned to play again this year. How often does that happen in fantasy sports?

We received several requests to join the league should any spots open up, but we did not have any openings arise in the existing league. Due to the strong interest we have decided to create a second league using the same format.

12 new owners have accepted the challenge to play with and against their Redszone friends in an active, competitive league over a period of years. All twelve owners are known to be skilled and savvy practitioners of rotisserie baseball so this will be an exciting test of their mettle.

Here is a list of the warring parties:
    1. IowaRed
    2. reds1869
    3. Atomic Dumpling
    4. thatcool_guy22
    5. Joseph
    6. Brutus the Pimp
    7. HayPay
    8. Tornon
    9. Bumstead
    10. Vada Pinson Fan
    11. HumnHilghtFreel
    12. Captain Hook

All owners must use their Redszone username as their team name. No hiding behind anonymous team names here! This makes the game more personal and familiar and encourages people to become more involved and stay that way. Otherwise it is just another anonymous Internet league.

We request a commitment from each owner to pay attention all season long and to play in future years also.

The League of Reds Nation is a dynasty keeper league, which means it will go on for years and all players will be kept from one year to the next. So the idea is to draft a nice blend of current stars and some young prospects that will mature into future stars.

Thanks to each of the team owners for playing. I am excited to start a new season of fantasy baseball. Let's make this a fun, friendly, active and competitive league!
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-25-2010 at 12:57 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Here are the complete rules:

Yahoo 5x5 Roto standard settings
    12 Teams
    Mixed League (NL & AL players)
    Dynasty Keeper league
    30 roster slots + 3 disabled list slots
    Max Teams: 12
    Scoring Type: Rotisserie
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade End Date: August 29, 2010
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Games Played: 162
    Max Innings Pitched: 1350
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Monday, Mar 29
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs(R), Home Runs(HR), Runs Batted In(RBI), Stolen Bases(SB), Batting Average(AVG)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins(W), Saves(SV), Strikeouts(K), Earned Run Average(ERA), Walks+Hits/IP(WHIP)

Season 1 Draft rules:
    1.You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
    2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
    3. Yahoo will add players to the database after the draft has begun. Any player that is not available in the list at the time of the first pick of the draft will not be eligible to be drafted for the duration of the draft. Those players will be available on waivers after the draft. This rule is to make sure all team owners have an equal shot at all players. The commissioner will keep a list of all players ineligible to be drafted.
    4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
    5.If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
    6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
    7. The draft will be a snake draft. Even-numbered rounds will be the reverse of 1st round. Odd-numbered rounds will be the same order as round 1.
    8. If you have two consecutive draft picks you do NOT get two time slots before being skipped. For example, if you have the last pick of round 1 and the first pick of round 2 (picks 1.12 and 2.1) you only have 10 hours total to make both picks. If you have not made your picks within 10 hours of the time pick 1.11 was posted then the owner of pick 2.2 can skip you and post his pick.
    9. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.

Season 1 Waiver Priority:
    The waiver priority for season 1 will be the reverse of the 1st round draft order.

Season 2+ Draft:
    The draft will be a snake draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis.

Season 2+ Waiver Priority:
    Waiver priority will be set as the reverse of the prior year's standings.

Trade Protests:
    Trades can be protested only if cheating or collusion is suspected. Trades may not be protested due to being unbalanced, lopsided or stupid. If a trade is protested both owners may state their reasons for making the trade before a decision is made. If after the explanations anyone in the league suspects cheating or collusion then an annonymous vote will be held and 6 or more votes against the trade will nullify it. Owners involved in the trade do not vote, even if they have changed their mind about the trade.

Procedure to prevent tanking, negligence and abandonment:
    In order to keep the league fair, competitive and fun we need to ensure all owners pay attention all season long and try to field the best team they can every day. On occasions where an owner's attention wanes it is the commissioner's duty to urge that owner to do a better job. Of course there are justifiable reasons why an owner may neglect his team for a couple days (vacation, sickness etc) so there will be reminders and warnings before resorting to sanctions. If an owner leaves injured players or minor leaguers in his starting lineup or leaves star players on his bench for more than a few days the following process will be initiated:
    1st occurence -- A polite reminder will be sent
    2nd occurence -- A polite reminder will be sent
    3rd occurence -- A warning will be sent
    4th occurence -- Offending owner's waiver priority will be set to 12
    5th occurence -- Offending owner will lose his 1st round draft pick the following year
    6th occurence -- Offending owner will not be invited back the following year

In the event an owner quits mid-season the commissioner must:
    1. Appoint a replacement owner if technically possible, or if not
    2. He must replace injured/demoted players in the starting lineup with the highest ranked player available on the team at that position. If no player on the team can fill the position the highest ranked free agent must be added and the worst player dropped. Any disputes must be voted on leaguewide. No trades can be made.

How would you guys feel about starting the draft this weekend? We need to get this thing rolling to make sure we finish the draft before Opening Day. We have 30 rounds of drafting to accomplish in about 6 weeks.

I propose we officially start the draft at 8:00am on Saturday the 27th. The first pick will be "on the clock" starting at that time. The first owner will have 10 hours max to make his selection. Hopefully we can get through a couple of rounds over the weekend if everybody checks the site regularly.

- - - - - -

Here is how I am going to determine the draft order:

I found a website that will randomly generate the draft order and email it to all the team owners. This is a way to guarantee that the draft order was indeed generated randomly.

I am entering everybody's email address into the program. Your email will not be spammed. If you did not allow your email address to be seen on the Yahoo league site then you will not receive the email. You should get the email soon.

We can go ahead and start the draft process Thursday or Friday, but the 10 hour clock won't start until Saturday at 8:00am. This means if the owner of the first selection is ready to make his pick before Saturday he can do it, then the 2nd owner can proceed. We might me able to get through a few picks even before the timer is in official use.

If you are going to be away from the Internet for long periods during the draft please let me know ASAP. We can try to arrange a way for you to keep in contact with me or someone else in the league to make sure you get to make your picks in the allotted time.

- - - - - -

Please feel free to post any thoughts, ideas, trade talks, observations or general fantasy baseball chat here. This thread will be our central discussion area for the next eight months. Let's make it active and fun.

I'm game to start the draft this weekend. I'll respond more as I have some time tomorrow.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I'm down for the weekend for sure. I work on the weekends, but if someone can PM me, I get notifications sent to my phone when my turn is up.

I'm fine to start it whenever, wherever

Everyone should be receiving an email in a few minutes from FFToolbox regarding the randomized draft order. FFToolbox provides a free tool that generates a randomized draft order and emails it to all the league participants. In this way everyone can feel secure in knowing the draft order is truly random and not rigged in favor of any one participant.

Joseph you will not receive the email because your email address is private on the Yahoo baseball website. I will post the results here in a few minutes...

Hello,
    Atomic Dumpling has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the "League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty." league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order...r.cfm?id=19305
    The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:
    1 - Tornon
    2 - Brutus the Pimp
    3 - reds1869
    4 - thatcoolguy_22
    5 - Joseph
    6 - Atomic Dumpling
    7 - HayPay
    8 - Vada Pinson Fan
    9 - HumnHilghtFreel
    10 - IowaRed
    11 - Bumstead
    12 - Captain Hook
    Regards,
    FFToolbox.com
    Free Fantasy Sports Info
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-25-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I'm fine to start it whenever, wherever
    Me to.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Sweet!

Once again though expect me to be slow on the draft. I am 14 hours ahead of the Eastern Time Zone. However good luck to all!

okay to start whenever

Simply The Best! has changed his team name to match his Redszone username of HayPay. I will update the draft order to reflect the change.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-25-2010 at 02:29 AM.

You may have noticed that I added one player to every team and then removed those players again. I bet you are wondering why I did that. The reason is because Yahoo won't allow us to add players from the Free Agent list to our teams until after the draft. That makes sense because you don't want owners picking up players before the draft.

But since we are having a slow message board draft it causes some problems in our league. We need to be able to add the player to our team after we post our selection on the message board. In order to work around this problem I submitted a fake one-round draft to satisfy the requirement. Then I dropped those players from your teams. So now each of us will be able to add the players to our teams when we make our selections. The players will all be on waivers until Saturday though, so for any selections made before Saturday I will have to add the player to your team for you.

I hope my explanation made sense. If not let me know and I will try to explain it better.

With the first pick of the draft Tornon selects:

1.1 Hanley Ramirez

It is now Brutus the Pimp's turn to draft with the 1.2 pick. He can post his selection on the message board at his leisure.

Keep in mind the 10 hour draft timer does not officially begin until 8:00am on Saturday, but if we can get through several picks before then it would give us a small head start. We have basically got 40 days to get through 30 rounds (360 selections), so we need to keep it moving.

Good stuff, and already my preferred pick has been taken juuuust ahead of my pick. This will be a blast!

Turn Off Ads?