Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    5.8 Jason Bay
    Nice pick. I hope there are still some good players left for my next pick, lol. That is the worst thing about a snake draft!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Nice pick. I hope there are still some good players left for my next pick, lol. That is the worst thing about a snake draft!
    True. When I'm close to a bookend I usually end up reaching for players. I expect a run on 1B or SP only to see the run on catchers happen and I'm left with ramon hernandez or the like...

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    True. When I'm close to a bookend I usually end up reaching for players. I expect a run on 1B or SP only to see the run on catchers happen and I'm left with ramon hernandez or the like...
    I'm glad I snagged Mauer early. My worry is outfielders. There are plenty of solid ones, of course, but the elite ones are almost gone.

j bruce is available for the taking. i would think that trading him for a 7th and 9th round selection would be a fair price. i will throw in my 15th round selection.

Quote Originally Posted by HayPay View Post
    j bruce is available for the taking. i would think that trading him for a 7th and 9th round selection would be a fair price. i will throw in my 15th round selection.
    For my 5th round pick? How about 6th/8th/15th?

edited: never mind. I was confused. I don't want to trade picks for him at this point.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Forgot to mention previously that HumnHilghtFreel has been notified it's his turn (5.9) through the league emailer right after I made my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Thank you reds1869. Jason Bay seemed to make the most sense for me at that time and I was looking for an outfielder to give me plus points in all five scoring categories. Bay fit the bill. Had a bit of reservation about him playing in the Mets new ball park (2009) but if Bay can't deal with its pitcher friendliness who can? I think it's more what batter faces what pitcher at that point in time more so than anything else this side of Yellowstone Park! LOL.

I know what you mean about a snake draft and wondering what's going to be left when it's your/my turn. That's why I prefer to draft 6th in a 12 team league. Always right there in the middle as opposed to being on the bookends and waiting for a seemingly eternity to pick again especially in a slow draft like this.

Good Luck to you "reds"!!!

Jerry
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 03-02-2010 at 11:45 AM.

On behalf of HumnHilghtFreel:

5.9 Andrew McCutchen

IowaRed is now on the clock and has been sent an email.

Haypay, I sent a pm your way. I also meant to still include your 15th rounder in there. Let me know what you think, I'm open to negotiation.

The wheels on the Bus go round and round!

The wheels on the Bus go round and round!
    Too funny and very timely!

I am happy with the level of enthusiasm and energy happening in this league right now. Everybody is participating in the discussion. The draft is going smoothly because everyone is paying close attention. Trade talks are flying. This is going to be a fun season.

What do you guys think of the slow draft format? Do you like being able to take your time and make a wise decision? Or would you rather burn through it in a blaze of glory in a 90 minute live draft?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I am happy with the level of enthusiasm and energy happening in this league right now. Everybody is participating in the discussion. The draft is going smoothly because everyone is paying close attention. Trade talks are flying. This is going to be a fun season.

What do you guys think of the slow draft format? Do you like being able to take your time and make a wise decision? Or would you rather burn through it in a blaze of glory in a 90 minute live draft?
    I absolutely love the slow draft. I was telling my wife how I'm spending all day thinking about draft strategy, lol.

I responded to your message...the trade is official.

Breaking News Alert

ESPN is reporting that Jay Bruce has been traded to reds1869. Let's go now to our Cincinnati bureau for further details...

HayPay has traded outfielder Jay Bruce and his 15th round pick to reds1869 in exchange for his 8th and 9th round picks.

The official draft order has been updated in the Commissioner's Note section of the Yahoo league homepage.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 03-02-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post

I like doing the draft like this. Everybody has time to make their picks and half the league isn't "auto-picking." It makes the draft a lot more interesting.

Bum

Turn Off Ads?