Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Hey guys,

I just noticed in the Yahoo (Green) Title bar sent to us about the "Draft Order is now set" contains a cell phone app (on far right side). I'm likely going to use this to get the trade notifications sent to me. At the very least I'm going to check it out. You might want to do that too.

Wow! Tornon, with the 1st pick, already throws a bit of a twist at us with his selection. I feel bad for ya; reds1869, having to "settle", LOL, for someone else. Looks like Brutus is up next. So are we now good to go or are we waiting until Saturday at 8am to officially begin, eh Commish?

Good Luck Guys!

Jerry
    Vada Pinson Fan
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 02-25-2010 at 06:53 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Hey guys,
    I feel bad for ya; reds1869, having to "settle", LOL, for someone else.
    Ha ha, it's rough, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post

Wow! Tornon, with the 1st pick, already throws a bit of a twist at us with his selection. I feel bad for ya; reds1869, having to "settle", LOL, for someone else. Looks like Brutus is up next. So are we now good to go or are we waiting until Saturday at 8am to officially begin, eh Commish?
    Yea, I usually prefer Hanley over Albert anyway and with it being dynasty & Hanley begin a few years younger just helped me go with him. And I think we are still officially waiting until 8 am Saturday to start, but if it's your turn to pick you can go ahead & do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Yea, I usually prefer Hanley over Albert anyway and with it being dynasty & Hanley begin a few years younger just helped me go with him. And I think we are still officially waiting until 8 am Saturday to start, but if it's your turn to pick you can go ahead & do it.
    You made a great pick. Now I just have to wait on Brutus to make my decision for me...I've got my two choices ready and waiting to pull the trigger. If he takes one of them, I'll take the other. I love your pick of Hanley...he was the best available in my opinion.

I'm going to love this league. I haven't had a chance to play with such knowledgeable fans in other leagues, so you all will provide a real treat!

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    You made a great pick. Now I just have to wait on Brutus to make my decision for me...I've got my two choices ready and waiting to pull the trigger. If he takes one of them, I'll take the other. I love your pick of Hanley...he was the best available in my opinion.

I'm going to love this league. I haven't had a chance to play with such knowledgeable fans in other leagues, so you all will provide a real treat!
    I was expecting to have Hanley at my disposal LOL. In fact, I was almost sure of it, though I knew he would be a real possibility to go before me.

I didn't realize we were starting this early (which is OK with me, I have no problems with that). I will be making my pick here within the next few hours (it might not even be that long).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I didn't realize we were starting this early (which is OK with me, I have no problems with that). I will be making my pick here within the next few hours (it might not even be that long).
    We aren't really starting this early, I technically wasn't supposed to pick until Saturday but since I already knew who I wanted I made my pick just so other people could do the same to get us started early

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    We aren't really starting this early, I technically wasn't supposed to pick until Saturday but since I already knew who I wanted I made my pick just so other people could do the same to get us started early
    Not a problem.

By the way, is this a standard rotation draft or snake?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Snake.

We are free to pick now but there is no time limit till Saturday.

Bum

Thanks go to Vada Pinson Fan for bringing the waiver priority list to my attention. Turns out I forgot to change the waiver priority to reflect the reverse of the draft standings. I have now corrected it.

To answer some questions:

-- The draft is a snake draft. The exact draft order is listed in the "Commissioner's Note" section of the Yahoo league homepage. I will keep it updated after each pick is made.

-- The draft has now begun and you are encouraged to make your selections when your turn arises. The 10 hour timer does not officially start until 8:00am Saturday.

-- When your turn arises you need to post your selection on the Yahoo league homepage's message board. Use this format: Round.Pick Player Name -- for example 1.1 Hanley Ramirez or 7.12 Wily Taveras.

-- You can also send messages to the other owners by going to the Yahoo league homepage. Then at the top click on "Email League". Then you can select the owner or owners you would like to contact and send them a message directly from the website.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-25-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    To answer some questions:

-- The draft is a snake draft. The exact draft order is listed in the "Commissioner's Note" section of the Yahoo league homepage. I will keep it updated after each pick is made.

-- The draft has now begun and you are encouraged to make your selections when your turn arises. The 10 hour timer does not officially start until 8:00am Saturday.

-- When your turn arises you need to post your selection on the Yahoo league homepage's message board. Use this format: Round.Pick -- for example 1.1 Hanley Ramirez or 7.12 Wily Taveras.
    Or: Brutus the Pimp takes Willy Taveras with pick 1.2!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    I was surprised he wasn't taken with the 1.1 pick really. What was Tornon thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Won't soon be making that selection with 102.2

Albert Pujols is now a pimp.

With pick 1.3 I select Joe Mauer.

Turn Off Ads?