Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: 4/11/10 - Reds vs. Baby Bears: We've Got a Major Leake

Re: 4/11/10 - Reds vs. Baby Bears: We've Got a Major Leake

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Thom has been complaining about the lack of patience for quite some time now, not sure I heard them complain much about anything else.
    Yea, he went into a rant about strike outs being the worst kinda out.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Let's wait until we see which CoCo shows up today!
    Since the start of last year,the Reds have lost exactly 1 game they led after 8 innings.

And CoCo is the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Yea, he went into a rant about strike outs being the worst kinda out.
    Actually, he was speaking from the pitchers perspective,as in the ability to get strike outs being very valuable. A pitcher who misses bats is well on his way to being effective.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Actually, he was speaking from the pitchers perspective,as in the ability to get strike outs being very valuable. A pitcher who misses bats is well on his way to being effective.
    No he was talking about the Reds 8th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    No he was talking about the Reds 8th inning.
    I didn't say he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Sounded to me like he was gushing over Cabrera and Gomes putting the ball in play during the 8th inning instead of striking out. It's not worth arguing over.

I'm just glad the Reds got lucky and scored enough runs to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Nothing new, but it's amazing how important pitching is in this game. Reds' bats did their best to not win today, but because our pitchers shut down the Cubs, what little the offense did was enough.

On a side note, ran into a bunch of Cub fans at Hofbra last night. Glad they're going home losers.
    yesterday i went out to eat an early dinner at Chipoltle. there were two groups of Cubs fans there. yuck. it however kinda reminded me of the Bengals/Steelers. it seems half the town gave up on the Bengals and switched loyalties. then last year the Bengals whooped em good! hopefully the people who have switched loyalties from red to blue will have to eat crow.

I think that Cubs and Cardinals money is good money, and good for the Reds and the area businesses. I wish they would fill the stands everyday spending their money so that the Reds receive more of it.

The Reds might eventually actually be able to afford the type of players that are an excellent entertainment product.

I don't like the Cubs fans either, rudest, most caustic I have ever seen, but let them spend their money. $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    I think that Cubs and Cardinals money is good money, and good for the Reds and the area businesses. I wish they would fill the stands everyday spending their money so that the Reds receive more of it.

The Reds might eventually actually be able to afford the type of players that are an excellent entertainment product.

I don't like the Cubs fans either, rudest, most caustic I have ever seen, but let them spend their money. $$$$
    I don't see red, I don't see blue, I only see green. If the Cubs fans want to fund our payroll they can have at it.

How can a Reds fan....a real Reds fan (whatever that really means I don't know) turn into a Cubs fan?

I can see turning into a Phillies fan.....or some team completely out of the area but not a fan of that team.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    How funny was it to hear Thom and Jeff go on and on and on about swinging the bat, putting the ball in play blah blah blah.... Did they really totally forget that a WALK scored the go-ahead run?
    It takes 4 balls to earn a walk. Gomes only had two. That third pitch was "right down Broadway" and surely would have been called a strike. Gomes will not see a better pitch to hack than that one. Playing for a walk is not the right approach there. I totally agree with Thom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It takes 4 balls to earn a walk. Gomes only had two. That third pitch was "right down Broadway" and surely would have been called a strike. Gomes will not see a better pitch to hack than that one. Playing for a walk is not the right approach there. I totally agree with Thom.
    I think the point is that many of the Reds could use a bout of antibiotics for their bats given the hacking they've developed...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

And the other pitches after he swung 2-0 were balls....so he misses his pitch and then was bailed out by Soriano. Looking for a walk, I agree was not what he should do....but it was basically what was going to happen and luckily Soriano is Dick Stuart in LF.

My impressions from the game....

The Reds offense was pretty awful, but it's a lot easier to luck into one or two runs than try to out mash a team in a game where the starter gives up 5 runs.

I've got to think Phillips will start hitting soon, but I have to think that because the alternative is too awful to comprehend. The Reds really need Phillips and Bruce to get off the mat.

Votto's dink down the first base line looked foul and not particularly close to being fair. It looked like it was down the second basepath line.

The Reds should chip in for the Cubs to keep Soriano on the roster for the rest of his contract. I remember having this discussion about a certain former Reds LF that because LF is where you hide your erstwhile DH, it's really hard to distinguish yourself as a bad Left Fielder. I'm not sure Soriano could have done worse had been attempting to sabotage the Cubs in the outfield.

A win and some celebratory Skyline in Western Hills makes a good Sunday for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?