Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Pirates 5/12/10 Game Thread (aka "Legend of the Rally Onion")

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Reds vs Pirates 5/12/10 Game Thread

Lead off single for Garrett Jones

2. Turn Off Ads?

so...I'm absolutely positive that the second I post this, I'm going to jinx everything, but I am starting to believe I have a magical onion in my possession.

Saturday I was at my friend's house and he said, yo vp, take a look at this. He had just opened the garbage can at noticed right at the top, amongst the throwaways from the grill trimmings, a particular slice of onion. He showed it to me an I squealed, because this onion is quite freakishly the shape of a Reds C. I said I was going to put it on ebay and took it home. Didn't think much of it in any kind of superstitious sense, especially given the 14-7 drubbing the Reds had just suffered the day before.

Dang team hasn't lost a game since. Do I have a magical onion slice? I think maybe I do. (My friend is so upset with himself. He is a Pirates fan.)

Obviously the Reds have to lose at some point, so I am trying to assign another deeper meaning to the onion. Maybe the Reds won't lose to the pirates again this year? Or maybe ever?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/...15f59f0048.jpg
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

4. Likes:

redsmetz (05-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I have absolutely nothing against Ramon Hernandez and am actually glad they brought him back as he's a good mentor, but I still can't understand what it's going to take for Hanigan to win the job. Good hitter that gets on base a ton, excellent catcher, throws base runners out and calls a great game. What's not to like about him?
    Last 20 games or so, they've been splitting time equally. I think we will see Hanigan catch Arroyo and Harang, Hernandez catch Cueto and then rest and off days will decide who catches Leake and Bailey.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Back to back singles to right.

ummm...it's not my fault. I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    so...I'm absolutely positive that the second I post this, I'm going to jinx everything, but I am starting to believe I have a magical onion in my possession.

Saturday I was at my friend's house and he said, yo vp, take a look at this. He had just opened the garbage can at noticed right at the top, amongst the throwaways from the grill trimmings, a particular slice of onion. He showed it to me an I squealed, because this onion is quite freakishly the shape of a Reds C. I said I was going to put it on ebay and took it home. Didn't think much of it in any kind of superstitious sense, especially given the 14-7 drubbing the Reds had just suffered the day before.

Dang team hasn't lost a game since. Do I have a magical onion slice? I think maybe I do. (My friend is so upset with himself. He is a Pirates fan.)

Obviously the Reds have to lose at some point, so I am trying to assign another deeper meaning to the onion. Maybe the Reds won't lose to the pirates again this year? Or maybe ever?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/...15f59f0048.jpg

Rally Onion?

8. Likes:

redsmetz (05-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Back to back singles to right.

ummm...it's not my fault. I swear.
    Better than walks.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Pirates seem to be sitting back waiting for Homer's breaking ball.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I have absolutely nothing against Ramon Hernandez and am actually glad they brought him back as he's a good mentor, but I still can't understand what it's going to take for Hanigan to win the job. Good hitter that gets on base a ton, excellent catcher, throws base runners out and calls a great game. What's not to like about him?
    Hernandez has played well so far this season. His OPS+ is 106, which is excellent for a catcher. He's playing well defensively for the most part, and, most importantly, he's a familiar voice for the Reds' Spanish-speaking contingent of hurlers.

He keeps Hanigan rested and vice versa.

Baker has really brought Hanigan in way more than I though he would. He's playing about half the games right now, catching Arroyo, Bailey, and some of Harang. Best of all, it's working. Really, really well. Why mess with success?

Bailey K's Milledge

K

I have ZERO problem with the rotation at catcher right now. I think it is perfect.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Hernandez has played well so far this season. His OPS+ is 106, which is excellent for a catcher. He's playing well defensively for the most part, and, most importantly, he's a familiar voice for the Reds' Spanish-speaking contingent of hurlers.

He keeps Hanigan rested and vice versa.

Baker has really brought Hanigan in way more than I though he would. He's playing about half the games right now, catching Arroyo, Bailey, and some of Harang. Best of all, it's working. Really, really well. Why mess with success?
    This.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Bailey ahead 0-2 on LaRoche after getting ahead 0-2 on Milledge.

4-6-3 DP to end the inning!

Yessirree! DP to end the mini-threat

Turn Off Ads?