Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 06/11/10 Royals at Reds

Re: 06/11/10 Royals at Reds

Go get 'em tomorrow. Just chalk that loss up as a missed opportunity and hope it doesn't come back to bite you in September.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Do major leaguers talk like other levels of baseball? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but Rolen cut a good throw the other day also. Isn't the catcher yelling "cut" and if the player doesn't hear that, you let it go? On that play, Votto could have turned and threw to Hernandez and still had Butler.
    I believe they should - but on that play I know that Hernandez was pissed Votto cut ball. So either Votto cut it on own or Rolen or Owings yelled cut cause it was not Hernandez.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Just read this entire thread, for the most part it's a very poor description of the game I saw in person.

The Reds should have won this one, Dusty gave away too many outs with sac bunts. (Phillips wasn't bunting for a hit)

Brandon should have scored on the ball Rolen hit off the wall, giving Rolen a double leaving runners at 2nd and 3rd. The sac fly by Bruce then plates the winning run. Joey Votto should not have cut off the throw to the plate.

That's baseball. Going again Sunday, hope we can take the next two.

As that game progressed, and seeing how our team was playing, it had death written all over it.

I don't think Baker bunted people over enough to get them into scoring position.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

He let bruce swing away and look where that got him....instead of bunting.

The AB's by Gomes and Bruce were terrible during that one inning with the bases loaded..... Gomes takes one pitch and then swings and tries to pull a ball that was outside...too outside to think you can pull but he is that type of hitter sometimes. Bruce as well.....swung at a tailing fastball trying to do the same thing. That was the game. Brandon had to hold up just to make sure IF the LF catches the ball he tags up...it looked like he could have caught it and that is why BP was caught in no man's land.

Just briefly reading the post-mortems here, no question this is a game we should have won. It's certainly a disappointing loss.

This morning's paper has Votto saying he went on his instinct and cut it off. I think he understands this was the place where maybe that instinct got in the way. I also agree that Phillips probably could have scored on Rolen's hit, but as someone noted, he was stuck in no man's land just in case it was caught.

I appreciate in this morning's paper, Arroyo manning up and acknowledging that he shouldn't have let the game get away.

Again, this is a game we shouldn't have lost. Let's get the next two.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?