Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 6-13-10 Royals @ Reds

Re: 6-13-10 Royals @ Reds

Valverde gave up a run today in the 9th, and his scoreless inning streak is now over.

And the Cards have them on the ropes.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anyone else think LeCure should've beaned the first batter of the game today, after we got beaned four times last night? Kind of disappointing that he didn't, IMO. You have to defend your team.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Anyone else think LeCure should've beaned the first batter of the game today, after we got beaned four times last night? Kind of disappointing that he didn't, IMO. You have to defend your team.

I would have preferred the Reds defended themselves over last night by beating the Royals. That's the best way to retaliate.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

I would have preferred the Reds defended themselves over last night by beating the Royals. That's the best way to retaliate.
    Well yeah, that would've been quite nice too. But it was almost inexcusable not to hit the first batter after Saturday.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Well yeah, that would've been quite nice too. But it was almost inexcusable not to hit the first batter after Saturday.

Hitting the first batter yesterday would not have done any good. The players (and Dusty) clearly didn't feel the HBPs were intentional and I agree with them. No need to retaliate for poor pitching. Then again, maybe we could get even more late inning wins if the other team retaliated against our middle relief!

So they could play the rest of the game without the inside part of the plate? In a game against their best pitcher?

Save that bullet for the right situation, try not to paint yourself in a corner before the game has even gotten some steam.

Play smart, not angry.

The players (and Dusty) clearly didn't feel the HBPs were intentional and I agree with them
    4 in one game. 2 against a man who'd hit 2 HR. And you don't think it was intentional. Really?

I think its a crazy idea. Glad the Reds didn't embarrass themselves by doing so.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I think its a crazy idea.
    A crazy idea. seriously? After 4 in one game. 2 against a man who'd hit 2 HR, you don't think they should have gotten just a bit of next-day payback. why? you have to defend your team

A crazy idea. seriously? After 4 in one game. 2 against a man who'd hit 2 HR, you don't think they should have gotten just a bit of next-day payback. why? you have to defend your team

No, you don't defend it that way by escalating a beanball war. Beat 'em on the field. None of those HBP were a result of headhunting. One of the times Gomes was grazed on his shirt and it didn't even hit his body. I'd just as soon Gomes charge the mound with a bat in his hand then hit one of the opposing players and put him on base (but to be clear, I don't reallly want him to do that either). Doing it against the first hitter of the game is a way to lose your starter for the evening and tax an already tired pen. I see a lot of bad consequences from hitting the first hitter and can't see anything being accomplished by it. It would simply invite further retaliation and put your hitters at greater risk for injury. I don't see that as a way to "defend your team."
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sweep the leg.

Turn Off Ads?