Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Sony signed off on cross play for Fortnite -- which means, for the first time ever, Xbox and PS4 will be able to play against one another online.

What a time to be alive.
    I haven't played a video game in probably 3 years. For a while though, at least during the offseason, I was a very big Call of Duty player. I'm an Xbox guy. I just hate, with a passion, the Playstation controller. I loved it until the non-enormous sized Xbox controllers came out - but once those things existed it made the Playstation controlled feel stupid and I just can't go back. But most of my friends were all Playstation guys, so we never were able to play together (which might be a good thing, because they all sucked at the game.... but it would have been fun at times).

More games need to figure this out. I understand why Sony and Microsoft would prefer to not have it happen. It keeps you and your friends on whichever platform you are on. But from a consumer standpoint, it's trash and I hate it. Props to Fortnite for making this one happen.

On a completely different note, anyone out there a PC gamer? My cousin just grabbed a new 2080 and is trying to sell his 1070ti and can't get a single bite at $200, and I can't figure out what the heck is happening. It's almost to the point where I might buy it from him just to upgrade from my 1060 (6GB) card. I don't even game, but it does come in handy a little bit while editing video - though not nearly as much as upgrading my CPU would (6700k, currently). What am I missing on why no one would buy that card for that price? I mean, sure, it's used, but that's a $450 card brand new, still a rather high end card that can handle almost anything you are throwing at it....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Gonna revive this thread because I’ve been playing quite a bit of the new PS5 I just got last month.

Picked up the Spider Man game and Demon’s Souls games, which are both pretty great.

But I’ve been mostly using it to play the remake of Final Fantasy 7 from last spring. The original is a top 5 game of all time conservatively. And the remake really lives up to it.

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-30-2021)

I think I've said on here before that I play about a game a year. This last year that was Hollow Knight, and I really enjoyed it. Would recommend to anyone who likes Metroidvanias and interesting art. Usually less than $10 on whatever platform (I think it's on everything.) Sequel is coming soon so it's a good time to get into it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?