Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    So -- anyone else get the new StarCraft? I'm thinking about picking it up for my Macbook Pro. I played loving heck out of the original when I was in high school and college.
    I've been told that it's exactly the same as the original, but with better graphics, so I'll pass on it until it gets significantly cheaper.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I bought the Collector's Edition. I dunno, I love it. One of the best CE's I've bought, and I buy a bunch of them. It has this 2 gig flash drive that looks like some sort of futuristic dog tag, which is probably my favorite extra of the CE. The usb connector for the dog tag shoots in and out when you press this button. Every product Blizzard produces is such quality.

I love everything Blizzard makes.

I'll probably poo poo myself when Diablo III finally comes out.
    Last edited by WMR; 07-31-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Bought SC2 on Friday. It's like putting on an old pair of shoes, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Something about hearing Jim Raynor's voice again really brought everything back.

Cool game -- though, given how similar it is to the original, there's no way in hell I'm going online to play.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

If we have any Madden addicts in here who are planning to buy Madden 11 around when it releases August 10th for the Playstation 3; please PM me your gamer name if you want some decent online competition.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Front Office Manager-the thing that really killed the game for me was putting GM points into Hitting Coach and Pitching Coach. I would see seasons where I would win 130 and 140 games if I maxed out those 2 GM categories. The scouting part of the game was really cool though, and I hope MLB The Show tries to copy that part of FOM.

Madden 11-Never have figured out how to play the PS3 version of Madden. I doubt I'll shell out $60 for Madden again, unless they come up with a franchise mode as good as Head Coach.

I'm also a real big fan of Dragon Age; I just wish they would be coming out with more character customization for Dragon Age 2.

My original PS3 died of the YLOD, so I went and bought a Slim. I just wish you could play PS2 games on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    If we have any Madden addicts in here who are planning to buy Madden 11 around when it releases August 10th for the Playstation 3; please PM me your gamer name if you want some decent online competition.
    future308.

Lets go.

Anybody got any tips for baserunning in MLBtheShow...I play online and I can hold my own with the bat, but I just haven't got the basepaths down. Especially when there are multiple guys on base...I end up advancing all of them instead of a specific player and make my self look like an idiot on a regular basis. Its not something you can really practice I guess...does L1 and R1 advance/retreat all runners? I just can't follow the manual on this one. Thanks!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'll probably poo poo myself when Diablo III finally comes out.
    Speaking of Diablo III - I forked over a $20 on Torchlight this weekend, and spent an ungodly amount of time on it this week.

Amazing game for any of the PC crowd and anyone jonesing for a Diablo fix.

Any WoW people on here?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Any WoW people on here?
    Based on what I know about WoW, I'm guessing not (unless they have RZ access in-game while you grind).

I'm a big fan of MLB The Show (and a die hard gamer, play everything pretty much, mostly 360) and love the road to the show mode. I'm thinking about buying an authentic jersey of my created player named Chubby McGhee (number 99). He's a 5 time MVP, 4 time triple crown winner and a 5 time gold glove recipient. Your thoughts? Lame or game?

edit: I also play WoW, Greymane server, Landfilltwo is my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Based on what I know about WoW, I'm guessing not (unless they have RZ access in-game while you grind).
    I played WoW for the first few years after it came out and, yeah, it chews through free time like nobody's business. Ended up not being able to play end-game with raids b/c I didn't have the time to grind for pots and study all the strats. So now I can just spend all that energy bugging people here
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Those of you with "2011" in the Duke Nukem Forver Release Date Pool can now collect your winnings:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118240p1.html
    The great vaporware saga of Duke Nukem looks to be coming to a close. At PAX this morning, 2K and Gearbox turned gamers loose on the first stage of Duke Nukem Forever. Let me repeat that for the non-believers: Duke Nukem Forever is real and it is an actual playable game. I half-expect to now to see Sasquatch walking down Pike Street in downtown Seattle.

Anyone getting the PS3 Move? I am considering it.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

How's Madden 2011? Thinking of pulling the trigger but it gets pretty bad reviews on Amazon?

Turn Off Ads?