Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: 6/21- Reds @ A's

Re: 6/21- Reds @ A's

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Reds win and we whine about who gets assigned the win. To think I came here to celbrate tonight.

I take back my positive posts.

Oh and like one poster said, let's cut cordero! Unreal guys.
    Herrera is the next guy gone. He just can't get anybody out.

Maybe we can call up another mistery AA guy lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    With Bruce & Cabrera getting the day off, Dusty's choices for DH consisted of Nix, Corky and Cairo. Going with Cairo leaves us with at least a somewhat potent bat on the bench for PH duties. Getting Hanigan back would be a nice boost (as would getting somebody up here who can replace Cairo.)
    Jay Bruce while not fully matured is one of the best players on the club, put him in the lineup and let him play.

It makes no sense to hold him back just in case you might need him off the bench in a certain situation late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Farney is contagious. Votto an Phillips are both good players. They'd be better if they stayed put on the bases.
    Agreed.

With all due respect to Redszone rules I just gotta say two things.

1. Cordero sucks.

2. Dusty is a man of vision.... Mr. Magoo like vision.

Senor Votto

The Rally Onion would not be denied tonight

Ondrusek and Smith are both throwing well right now. Nice in-house fixes for the moment, hopefully it continues (prospect watchers should not underestimate the importance of solid BP arms at the top of the system). Masset may be catching his breath after being forced to go pedal to the metal through some rough patches. So long as Cordero can settle down -- and it's a big question, as the overwork so far may have lasting effects -- all the team needs to figure out is Herrera and Owings, and that shouldn't be too tough.

Let's not take Mike Leake for granted. Good to see Baker pull him before he hit 100 pitches. With the middle relief looking better, let's hope he sees the merit of protecting the kid's arm. There are a lot of wins in it.

Just checking in....what happened last night? Looks like Cairo had 2 knocks, Gomes didn't cost the Reds the game in LF, Janish took the collar and blew a DP ball, Cordero is horrible, Ramon is still producing behind the dish, Bruce had a clutch hit off the bench, Dusty double switched Gomes out of the game in the 9th and took Leake out at the appropriate time.

All is well in Redsville. Maybe we see Cairo in at DH again today with another LHP on the hill.

Go Miggy.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Waking up to a Reds win is a great way to start the day. I'm glad the offense finally woke up and hopefully they stay awake now. Good job guys!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Wow, 500+ posts for a west coast night game. Nice job! Thanks to everyone who stayed up. Good to see the bats wake up. Let's see it continue today!
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Wow, 500+ posts for a west coast night game. Nice job! Thanks to everyone who stayed up. Good to see the bats wake up. Let's see it continue today!
    I was really surprised about the post total too. We have some great fans on RZ! That's for sure.
    Like someone else said, that Kouzmanoff HR may have been a blessing in disguise because the bats seemed to really light up in the 10th inning.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I was really surprised about the post total too. We have some great fans on RZ! That's for sure.
    Like someone else said, that Kouzmanoff HR may have been a blessing in disguise because the bats seemed to really light up in the 10th inning.
    I think the Reds heard about all the HRs that the D-backs put up last night and decided they weren't going to let them have all the fun. I think the Reds now have the lead in HRs again too. They lost that title to the D-backs for about three hours last night, LOL :
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Just checking in....what happened last night? Looks like Cairo had 2 knocks, Gomes didn't cost the Reds the game in LF, Janish took the collar and blew a DP ball, Cordero is horrible, Ramon is still producing behind the dish, Bruce had a clutch hit off the bench, Dusty double switched Gomes out of the game in the 9th and took Leake out at the appropriate time.

All is well in Redsville. Maybe we see Cairo in at DH again today with another LHP on the hill.

Go Miggy.
    Lol - I hope so. Personally I have liked Miggy ever since Torre liked Miggy cause that Torre guy knows what he is doing!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

This was a good GT for a late game. Good job, guys!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    That's not always the case though.

There is a clause in the rule book that leaves the official scorer the ability to deny the would-be winning pitcher a W if he got the W after shoddy relief work.

It's rarely used, but I have seen it done. I wish they had done it to Cordero tonight. He is losing it and fast.
    Ah.. I was under the impression the official scorer only got to do that if the starter didn't go 5 innings

Turn Off Ads?