Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spyware/Malware

Re: Spyware/Malware

I've just had the same experience on Chrome on my Mac.

The website at www.redszone.com contains elements from the site 96.30.16.218, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for 96.30.16.218.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

Interestingly, it does not happen when using an "Incognito" window. Perhaps it's a malicious cookie from an ad?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I've just had the same experience on Chrome on my Mac.

The website at www.redszone.com contains elements from the site 96.30.16.218, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for 96.30.16.218.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

Interestingly, it does not happen when using an "Incognito" window. Perhaps it's a malicious cookie from an ad?
    I just got the same thing, Chrome on Windows7.

Definitely agree with the cookie idea.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I turned Google ads temporarily off again - can you Chrome users clear your cookies for this site and let me know if you still get that message? That will allow us to pinpoint if it's the ads or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I turned Google ads temporarily off again - can you Chrome users clear your cookies for this site and let me know if you still get that message? That will allow us to pinpoint if it's the ads or not.
    I cleared my cookies from RedsZone and am no longer getting the message. Thanks!

I cleared my cookies and I'm still getting the warning.

Very bizarre - I just downloaded Chrome, fired up RZ and did not get any warnings. Could those of you who are maybe restart your PC's and see if you still are? If you still are, what page(s) are you visiting when the warning comes up - all?

Very bizarre - I just downloaded Chrome, fired up RZ and did not get any warnings. Could those of you who are maybe restart your PC's and see if you still are? If you still are, what page(s) are you visiting when the warning comes up - all?
    I only see it when I load the main page.

I only saw it the one time, and only in Chrome. Hasn't happened since.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

High five!

I tried Chrome (I don't use it much and hadn't started it in months) on the Mac and receive no warnings or alerts.

I can't replicate it using Chrome with or without Google AdSense turned on. Please let me know if any of you continue to see it and where, as well as any other pertinent information. Thanks.

I received this warning from chrome for the first time this morning off a fresh boot of my PC. It was right at the main page load. I also received the warning again when I clicked on the latest updated thread in ORG.

Still getting it every time I go anywhere on the site.
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

I still get it every time I load the main page. For the first time today, I also got it when I opened a thread in tORG.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33 View Post
    Still getting it every time I go anywhere on the site.
    What browser are you and yab1112 each using?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I find it scary that at the bottom of this thread are two "malware" ads by Google.

BTW, I use google chrome and XP HE, but ceased getting any malware warnings after I used tdsskiller two weeks ago.

Turn Off Ads?