Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spyware/Malware

Re: Spyware/Malware

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    What browser are you and yab1112 each using?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I'm using Chrome. I tried in Firefox just to see what would happen and it worked fine.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm still occasionally getting a malware warning from the main page. I also just got one when I tried to open this thread.

I just got it for the first time while using IE. Avast picked it up.

C:\Users\Davis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tem porary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\MF1K6860\yahoo-dom-event[1].js [L] HTML:Script-inf (0)
    File was successfully moved to chest...

this was the specific file: yahoo-dom-event[1].js

Sorry if anything I just posted is redundant, I didn't bother reading through most of this thread.

I contacted our host to request a virus/malware scan be run on our server and I'm waiting to hear back, so the ball is in his court. Thanks for everyone's help.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Boss I got the following warnings when just opening up RZ in Google Chrome - typically I use tapatalk from my iPhone but today I'm using my home computer.

I've cleared cookies & restarted and am still getting the warning.

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at www.redszone.com contains elements from the site 96.30.16.218, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for 96.30.16.218.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
    I followed the Google Diagnostic page - here is what it lists
    Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for 96.30.16.0

What is the current listing status for 96.30.16.0?
    This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 9 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-06, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-06.
    Malicious software includes 32 exploit(s), 14 trojan(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS19066 (WIREDTREE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, 96.30.16.0 appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 2 site(s) including full18.com/, yellowbullet.com/.

Has this site hosted malware?
    Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 15 domain(s), including buildtutorial.com/, full18.com/, yellowbullet.com/.

Next steps:
    Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
    Last edited by jmcclain19; 08-07-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Today I am not getting the warning. Everything appears to be fine.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

This is beyond bizarre...either I didn't remove all traces of the problem initially or it's come back to bite us. I'm still doing all that I can to address the problem.

All,

Our host identified one problem, which I addressed - those of you that have been receiving the malware warning(s), can you please clear your RedsZone cookies and try again? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    I'm getting the same warning using Google Chrome on Windows Vista.

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at www.redszone.com contains elements from the site 96.30.16.218, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for 96.30.16.218.
    I'm getting the same thing.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm getting the same thing.
    I disabled all our custom add-ons and Google AdSense...can you try again and let me know? This would be a lot easier to diagnose if I could reproduce the problem on my end...

GAC says he is getting:
    GAC, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    when he tries to post.

It looks like he recently tried to change his email address without clicking on the confirmation code...I went ahead and took care of it, so he should be good to go now.

I tried to edit my previous post earlier, and say that I got it corrected by following your instruction of clearing cookies, but all of a sudden was getting this message:

GAC, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    which wouldn't allow me to do anything, even PM you, other then login.

I'm assuming you got RedsBaron's PM this morning alerting you to my situation and got it corrected? Because obviously I'm now able to post/reply. LOL

But as of right now all is honky dory.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

ochre just informed me it may have been due to the fact I updated my email in the User CP. While there this morning, trying to find out how to clear cookies for RZ, I noticed it had a really old email, so I updated it. Didn't know, or see, a confirmation button, but only a "save changes" button, which I clicked and it said it successfully changed it.

All is well now.

Thanks Boss, ochre, and RB.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    ochre just informed me it may have been due to the fact I updated my email in the User CP. While there this morning, trying to find out how to clear cookies for RZ, I noticed it had a really old email, so I updated it. Didn't know, or see, a confirmation button, but only a "save changes" button, which I clicked and it said it successfully changed it.

All is well now.

Thanks Boss, ochre, and RB.
    I'm not getting the warning anymore.

How do I clear cookies for RZ?

Turn Off Ads?