Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 8/27- Reds vs. Cubs

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Re: 8/27- Reds vs. Cubs

Outside of some Adam Dunn monster blasts, a few Votto shots, and one Carlos Delgado shot off the smokestacks those were some of the most majestic shots I've seen a lefty hit in the GABP.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    Outside of some Adam Dunn monster blasts, a few Votto shots, and one Carlos Delgado shot off the smokestacks those were some of the most majestic shots I've seen a lefty hit in the GABP.
    If Bruce could have muscled 6 more rows on his first one, it would have been right at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    If Bruce could have muscled 6 more rows on his first one, it would have been right at me.
    Wuss. We should cut him.

He can't even get it to your seats? Fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

He's no good. :

I listened to the game at work tonight, just saw the three bombs from Jay Bruce on the MLB Network, I Love It!!!

Enjoyed hearing Jim Kelch doing PBP on 700 WLW again. Hope the Reds can sign him to a long term deal before another club snatches him away.

Oh my, what a fun, fun game! One guy said to me that it was the first Reds Cubs game he'd been to where Reds fans outnumbered the Cubs' fans. And it was evident in that I didn't notice any boisterous crowd cheers for the Chicago team.

Bruuuuce! What more can you say? Again, Bruuuuce! And Jim Edmonds! If it's true, that Edmonds gave Bruce pointers and Jay's now mashing the ball, Jim Edmonds!!!

Only downside to the game? Paintsmered and Mrs. Paintsmered to be weren't found by the Kiss Cam! But on the plus side, we did get to see them after the game and admire the very nice ring she's wearing. Congrats again on the long term contract!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Tomorrow's hopeful lineup:

Bruce 9
    Phillips 4
    Votto 3
    Rolen 5
    Nix 7
    Hernandez 2
    Heisey 8
    Janish 6
    Arroyo 1

I would like this.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Didnt see the game so how far were Bruce's bombs?
    All of them were easily over 400 ft. I'd say in the 420-440 ranges. Legit shots.

But for me, it was the fact that they were all off of lefties that had me drooling.

~edit~ I found this quote on MLB.com
    Bruce's home runs traveled an estimated 429, 411 and 404 feet, respectively.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 08-28-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Only downside to the game? Paintsmered and Mrs. Paintsmered to be weren't found by the Kiss Cam! But on the plus side, we did get to see them after the game and admire the very nice ring she's wearing. Congrats again on the long term contract!
    Hadn't heard that. Nice. Congrats Paintsmered!

Turn Off Ads?