Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday, Aug 27, 2010 Minor League Updates

Friday, Aug 27, 2010 Minor League Updates

Bats are scoreless through 4 & 1/2.

There was a scary moment when Alonso was hit in the adams apple on a infield throw between innings - he was on the ground with the entire infield around him for a couple of minutes before anyone off the field knew what happened, but he is fine, and came inches from a hr in his next at-bat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Friday, Aug 27, 2010 Minor League Updates

In the first game of their semifinal series in the DSL playoffs, the DSL Reds fell, 3-2, to the Cubs, the best team in the league. Abel De Los Santos gave up two runs on four hits in 6.2 innings.

Bats win 2-1 over Columbus with a Wilkin Castillo walk off single in the bottom of the 9th. They will stay in 1st place...

The box score and Gameday say that Jordan Smith pitched the 8th and 9th, but the Bats announcer was talking about Chapman pitching the 9th, and hitting 105 on the gun!!!!

GameDay now fixed. Chapman pitched the 9th for the win and struck out the side.
    Last edited by mbgrayson; 08-27-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

What a big, big win for the Bats! 1.5 up in first, instead of .5 is so huge with 10 games left!

Sept 1st can't get here fast enough ..

Chapman, Rhodes, Masset, and an ever improving Cordero is scary.

Been confirmed... Chapman hit 105 on the gun tonight.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Confirm/deny Chapman 105?

Well.. I guess I didn't read it all the way... Ramsey is working on that confirm...

Absolutely. Way to go. Confirm Chapman hit 105? RT @mo22maloney: @Jamieblog good call on that pick to click huh?!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Chapman is unbelievable. Simply amazing. 1-2-3 with three K's and hit 105 mph on the radar gun? I'm counting down the days until he's in a Reds uniform.

Chapman: 14 pitches, 11 strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Chapman is unbelievable. Simply amazing. 1-2-3 with three K's and hit 105 mph on the radar gun? I'm counting down the days until he's in a Reds uniform.
    Just think... He'll be there for the biggest road trip of the year... St Louis and Colorado...

Time to make some hay...

Jockstocks Homepage

Suppose this is what everyone has been waiting on...

mo22maloney

@Jamieblog saw it with my own eyes.

Jockstocks Homepage

So what's Chapman's stats this month now? Milb and the Bats website seem to only have updated thru the 23rd....

Dayton banged out 16 hits in a 5-3 victory. Two each for: Reed, Gregorius, Rodriguez, Garton, Nurre (HR). Three for Weems. Jake Johnson, the young 'un, got his eighth win (six losses) by going five innings and giving up two runs.

It's Lotzkar night in Billings. So far: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K. Unfortunately, the Mustangs only have one hit (Hamilton). It's 0-0.

Turn Off Ads?