Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: 8/30/10 - Beer Makers @ Reds

Re: 8/30/10 - Beer Makers @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    You have NO idea how much fun 1990 was. It was incredible. I am so proud that my two boys get to see their team win for the first time in their lives. They have defended the Reds for so many years against Cardinals and Braves fans.
    Same with my son who was 4 in 1990 and doesn't remember. Stayed true as a Reds fan, wearing the gear while people told him he needed to root for a MLB team, all that. Now he can strut. I've been around for a lot of division winning years and three World Series wins, so it's his turn.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The only explanation I have for Chapman tomorrow over tonight is one thing--walk up ticket sales. Tonight's crowd was pathetic for this team. I wanna go so bad but can't and no one shows up for this awesome team.
    Same here. My drive to Cinci is about 2.5 hours, so I can't go on a weeknight...but the number of people in the Cinci metro area not going to these games really ticks me off.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The only explanation I have for Chapman tomorrow over tonight is one thing--walk up ticket sales. Tonight's crowd was pathetic for this team. I wanna go so bad but can't and no one shows up for this awesome team.
    I was amazed. Walking up at the normal time for me (6:15) you would have had no idea there was a game going on until you got within like 100 yards of the stadium. Of course I get there earlier than the average fan, but it was still waaaaay below the normal level of foot-traffic that the riverfront gets from fans going to the game. It's just a shame that no one came out because tonight really was a thrilling contest.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Proud to be one of the ~10k or so left at the end of this one. Fun night at the ballpark. It's nice to have a team good enough to win on a night when they don't play their best baseball.

Homer gutted through a so-so outing to make 6IP, 4ER -- not great, but it got the ball to the hammers (Ondrusek, Masset, Cordero) with the game in reach. Bray was nails to Fielder. And what else can you say about Jay Bruce? It's like the kid woke up on August 1st and had a Kenny Powers moment -- "I'm Jay bleeping Bruce!"

Fun night. Great team. Ugly win? No way -- every win is beautiful when you're up 6 with a month to play.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Proud to be one of the ~10k or so left at the end of this one. Fun night at the ballpark. It's nice to have a team good enough to win on a night when they don't play their best baseball.

Homer gutted through a so-so outing to make 6IP, 4ER -- not great, but it got the ball to the hammers (Ondrusek, Masset, Cordero) with the game in reach. Bray was nails to Fielder. And what else can you say about Jay Bruce? It's like the kid woke up on August 1st and had a Kenny Powers moment -- "I'm Jay bleeping Bruce!"

Fun night. Great team. Ugly win? No way -- every win is beautiful when you're up 6 with a month to play.
    Like Blue's famous quote from an old minor league game thread when Jay was on fire, "You'd hit a home run too every other AB if you're middle name was [Bleep]ing"

The Bleep is one letter but I was told I had to remove it from my status after a few years of it being there so I won't post the exact thing here.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

The Cards have lost 11 of their last 15 games.

I'm lovin' watching meaningful Reds baseball going into September.

Right now - too heck with the NFL!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Like Blue's famous quote from an old minor league game thread when Jay was on fire, "You'd hit a home run too every other AB if you're middle name was [Bleep]ing"
    Maybe that's what Jim Edmond's told him: "You do know you're Jay "Bleeping" Bruce, right?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

That's the way I feel too. To heck with football in general. Usually this time of year I am really looking forward to seeing some football,especially the colleges. This year,I have hardly thought about it. This season has been just great. A real breath of fresh air to a very hot summer.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

As a Browns fan, this probably isn't the earliest you've said this.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I was away from the computer late last night so I wasn't in the thread after the 9th...so I missed this. Following on my cell phone, and then quickly turning on MLB Network. :O)

BRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUCE! He's been so much better lately it's like night and day.

I'm not sure who was watching MLB Network, but right after the game, they switched crews to add Lark & Casey and they were both gushing over the Redlegs. But Barry said something about Bruce that I found interesting. He said he was talking to Jay and that Jay mentioned that the Reds were considering using him in a platoon in right (when he was struggling in the second half). Lark told him to step it up. Boy has he ever. Jay turns it on when he's risking losing his job. Stubbs does the same. It's kinda nice to light a fire under these kids and see them respond they way they have (of course it would be nice if we didn't have to light the fire to begin with...but they ARE kids after all).

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    As a Browns fan, this probably isn't the earliest you've said this.

"God will get you for that Walter!"

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?