Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: 8/31/10 - Beer Makers @ Reds - Chapman is here!

Re: 8/31/10 - Beer Makers @ Reds - Chapman is here!

The attendance isn't going to pick up, especially on weeknights for the rest of the season. The sooner everyone realizes that the better.

Again, I'm guessing 80% of the tickets for any particular night are purchased in February. In February did you think this would be a must see game?

There are limits to how many people can just decide to go to a game on a weeknight. Especially when many of the people who would otherwise be inclined to do so had already shelled out for three games over the weekend.

Sure St. Louis also has kids in school, but they also have a season ticket base that means if you want to go to a Cardinals game, you need to pick a night, weeknight, weekend doesn't matter, and buy the tickets in the off season.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The attendance isn't going to pick up, especially on weeknights for the rest of the season. The sooner everyone realizes that the better.

Again, I'm guessing 80% of the tickets for any particular night are purchased in February. In February did you think this would be a must see game?

There are limits to how many people can just decide to go to a game on a weeknight. Especially when many of the people who would otherwise be inclined to do so had already shelled out for three games over the weekend.

Sure St. Louis also has kids in school, but they also have a season ticket base that means if you want to go to a Cardinals game, you need to pick a night, weeknight, weekend doesn't matter, and buy the tickets in the off season.
    Exactly. Nightly walkups of >10,000 are rare, a few times a season occurrences. The real measure of how Cincy reacts to this season will be known through how quickly playoff tickets sell, 2011 season tickets, and the pace single game tickets for 2011 sell when put on sale.

Me personally, I'm already setting a little back each pay check for a 20 game pack.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Exactly. Nightly walkups of >10,000 are rare, a few times a season occurrences.
    And they certainly aren't going to happen when it's 93 degrees on the day in question.

People complaining about attendance on here are preaching to the choir, anyway, I'm sure anyone who posts to RZ makes all attempts to get to games. I've been to at least 20 games this year in three cities and actually wish I'd gone to more.

I made it to Washington when they came over, and to Philly, the two closest stops to Baltimore.

Couldn't afford a trip back this year to GABP, but it's the first time I have not made one trip to GABP in about five years.

Everyone does what they can.

Turn Off Ads?