Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wednesday 09/01/2010 Minor League Updates

Re: Wednesday 09/01/2010 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    Do you think he starts in Dayton next year?
    If he hits > .400 in a short debut and plays d he will force their hand..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Clippers win again, 4-1.

-The Insider-

Mudcats losing 5-0

Mudcats still with only one hit. Donnie Joseph gives up two runs in one inning of work.

Jukich has been pitching very well lately. I wonder if the Cardinals wish they'd stashed him. He'll go Rule 5 this year again, IMO, if he's not protected (and I don't see how we can afford to do that).

I'd love to think this is a try-out for Torreyes, but he'd have to absolutely crush the ball over the week plus play Gold Glove level defense.

Having seen his numbers, I can't discount that, but doubt he does. Still, if Torreyes can hit well now and hit just as well in Spring Training, he might have a chance.

It'd be awfully cool to see Torreyes, Hamilton, Read, Barnhart, Duran, and Yorman in Dayton next season. That's six guys with enough tools to build a city. Add in the pitching found in Billings and the younger guys in low A that may need to repeat and that team could very well have 10 or 11 future major league players on its 2011 Opening Day roster, with five or six of them as true impact guys.

That would be a ridiculously talented and extremely young team. Not one of those offensive players would be old enough to buy beer. Heck, most of them could be seniors in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

It'd be awfully cool to see Torreyes, Hamilton, Read, Barnhart, Duran, and Yorman in Dayton next season. That's six guys with enough tools to build a city.
    Scrap -- I'm interested that you included Read on that list. He's gotten my attention because he often hits at the top of the Billings order and sometimes plays center field even when Yorman is in the lineup. Other than that, I know nothing about him. Anything you (or anyone) can add to the discussion?

In Dayton's 5-3 loss . . .

Volquez: 7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K.

Cabrera (SS): 3 0 0 0

It was 1-1 when Volquez left the game.
    Last edited by mace; 09-02-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Billings leads 2-0 after three.

Donald Lutz, HR.
    Sliding Billy, 3B.
    Jonathan Correa: 3 IP, 3 H, 6 K.

Any insight on Volquez...line looks promising.

Turn Off Ads?