Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: 9/3/10 Reds at Cards

Re: 9/3/10 Reds at Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I clearly remember the Cardinals having trouble filling their stadium in I believe the late 80's to mid 90's.
    I'm not sure about the 80's, because the Cardinals had some good teams in the 80's, but in the 90's, prior to 1996, it was really easy to get a good seat. That was when Joe Torre managed the Cards.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Any mention of those "great, knowledgeable Cardinals fans" certainly rings hollow after last night.
    Ok...i'll take the bait. lol I don't know about what Sportswriters think, and I really don't care. I've said many times here, and I'll stand by it, Reds fans and Cardinals fans are very similar. The only difference is that the Reds haven't had a consistant winning team for a long time. I am sometimes surprised to hear that the Reds don't sell out more games. Although, I think that may be because the fans expect the team to fall apart at some point. Perhaps next season will see higher attendance numbers after a winning 2010. There is no reason why the Reds can't bring in 3Mil fans a year if they have a good team every year. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with BP being booed last night. I don't see anything wrong with Yadi having been booed in Cincinnati last month either. I don't like when fans boo a player on their own team for bad performance. I don't mind if a player is booed after a player on a rival team does something like what BP and Yadi did. All it does is make the rivalry better. If the Reds want a rivaly, then this could be an epic rivalry in the making.
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 09-04-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    I am sometimes surprised to hear that the Reds don't sell out more games. Although, I think that may be because the fans expect the team to fall apart at some point. Perhaps next season will see higher attendance numbers after a winning 2010. There is no reason why the Reds can't bring in 3Mil fans a year if they have a good team every year.
    In their history the Reds have never drawn 3M, or even came close. Even when they had good teams, such as the BRM years, 1990, and the first season of Jr in 2000, they peeked at approx. 2.5M. Heck, in 95, the last time we made it to the post-season, we only drew 1.8M.

Cincinnati has always had it's attendance issues, so I don't know why some keep complaining as to why more don't come out. What you see is what you're going to get for the most part, with spikes/fluctuations now and then.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...N/attend.shtml
    Last edited by GAC; 09-04-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?