Rolen 3B
    Gomes LF
    Hernandez C
    Stubbs CF
    Heisey RF
    Cueto P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/7/10 - Reds @ Rockies

It'd be nice to get a win tonight just so a non loosing road trip would be guaranteed.Not that I think we're in jeopardy of being swept after loosing 1 game to the Rockies ace.I'd just like to keep the pressure off if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    It'd be nice to get a win tonight just so a non loosing road trip would be guaranteed.Not that I think we're in jeopardy of being swept after loosing 1 game to the Rockies ace.I'd just like to keep the pressure off if possible.
    A win would bring the Reds record on the trip to 2-3, with two more games left, so it would not guarantee a non losing road trip.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Still no Bruce. Hope Cueto can perform well, the Rockies' pitcher is a promising young kid, who's been on a track similar to Cueto himself. Only 22.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

EY Jr4,
    Fowler8,
    CarGo7,
    Tulo6,
    Helton3,
    Mora5,
    Smith9, Olivo2,
    Chacin1

I would honestly put Miggy in left, deal with the fielding, and bat him 5th. Just for tonight, while Bruce is out. See how it works.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Heading to the game again tonight (thx for the tix, Jim!). Now, I don't want any of you guys to blame the wife (seriously, don't, she's really concerned she's the human bad luck charm for the Reds), but she has yet to see the Reds win a game in person. Granted, it's only 5 games, but 0-3 vs Dodgers @ Chavez Ravine 2 years ago and 0-2 here @ Coors Field.

I have a good feeling that tonight ends that streak and starts a positive one! Go Rojos!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I would honestly put Miggy in left, deal with the fielding, and bat him 5th. Just for tonight, while Bruce is out. See how it works.

Right.

Right.
    As in you would put Miggy in right? Or as in, "yeah right", if there's anybody who could play a worse outfield than Jonny Gomes, it's Miguel Cairo.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    As in you would put Miggy in right? Or as in, "yeah right", if there's anybody who could play a worse outfield than Jonny Gomes, it's Miguel Cairo.

Right as in "Maybe everyone should get just used to Gomes as the starting LFer for the first place Cincinnati Reds instead of pissing and moaning every time the guy is in the lineup for whatever reason."

Right as in "Maybe everyone should get just used to Gomes as the starting LFer for the first place Cincinnati Reds instead of pissing and moaning every time the guy is in the lineup for whatever reason."
    Yes they're in 1st place. But they aren't perfect. There are places to improve. And one immediate improvement I see that's possible, is to try Cairo in Left. 1st place or not, if there's anything to make them better, and I think trying MC there for a game is one of those things, then I do it. But yeah, they are in 1st place, and I really am happy. I just get tired of Gomes. There comes a point when a guy really needs to sit, and he's at that point.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Miggy in left?

Why?

Gomes is more likely to produce than Miggy as a LF.

Only Larussa would use him in left other than in a dire emergency.

I think I'd rather see KGJ come out of retirement for a game to play CF in Coors Field than Miguel Cairo in LF for anything other than necessity. Plus, you still have Francisco, who has at least played some LF recently.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I think I'd rather see KGJ come out of retirement for a game to play CF in Coors Field than Miguel Cairo in LF for anything other than necessity. Plus, you still have Francisco, who has at least played some LF recently.
    Or Alonso in left once a week. Please?
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Coors Field is huge. I had forgotten that. Alonso is a much better idea, if he could field adequately.

Turn Off Ads?