Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 "Grade / Rate My Fantasy Draft" Thread

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: 2010 "Grade / Rate My Fantasy Draft" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Because Derek Anderson can make plays that Kurt Warner couldn't make last year for the Cards. Warner had a bad shoulder all season and couldn't throw a pass deeper than 20 yards last season. Anderson is money on the longer throws and can take advantage of Fitz's abilities. Fitzgerald will again be among the Top-3 in Targets.

Fitzgerald is a Top-3 Wide Receiver this season, and many sites (the good ones, at least) back that up.

This will be the first time in Anderson's career where he'll have a Receiver who can "Catch" the ball. Winslow is terrible at dropping passes, and nobody in the league is worse than Braylon Edwards. That's why both of them were traded. They'd both blow drives every game with dropped 3rd-down passes that were right on the money by Anderson or anybody else throwing the ball.

This will be Anderson's highest completion percentage of his career. Few people, especially Browns and Bengals fans, understand Derek Anderson very well.

Most people are predicting that Max Hall will overtake Derek Anderson for the starting gig before the season is over. Whisenhunt even said that Max Hall had the best pre-season of all his Quarterbacks. That may be true, but Anderson will hold him off, throw for 3800 yards, 28 Touchdowns, and only throw 15 interceptions. He'll even run for 2 Touchdowns making 30 total.

Tell me something: How do most reputable websites have Fitzgerald as the number 3 receiver while "most people" think his QB will be replaced?

Also, please provide the links that show Fitzgerald as the number three receiver. Yahoo has him at 9 (Derek Anderson is ranked 23rd with only 4 ranked lower), Sportsline has about the same.

No one doubts he is talented enough, but when you have a guy like Anderson throwing to him, his value falls. And that was really all I was saying- maybe Anderson does have an outstanding season, but the point I was making is that why take a chance on that happening when you have guys who you know are better?

Thousands of Sportsline mock drafts make Fitzgerald the 25th overall pick, the 7th overall WR taken. That's about right, considering people would rather not take the chance on Fitz while getting Andre Johnson, Moss, Wayne, Austin, White, or Calvin Johnson.

While it isn't impossible that Anderson shines, I don't think most people think its likely, therefore allowing Fitz to slip a bit.

The question becomes, what happens when you take the third best receiver and pair him with a 20 plus ranked QB? I'll let someone else find out that answer, thanks.

Time will tell.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-12-2010 at 09:42 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Tell me something: How do most reputable websites have Fitzgerald as the number 3 receiver while "most people" think his QB will be replaced?

Also, please provide the links that show Fitzgerald as the number three receiver. Yahoo has him at 9 (Derek Anderson is ranked 23rd with only 4 ranked lower), Sportsline has about the same.

No one doubts he is talented enough, but when you have a guy like Anderson throwing to him, his value falls. And that was really all I was saying- maybe Anderson does have an outstanding season, but the point I was making is that why take a chance on that happening when you have guys who you know are better?

Thousands of Sportsline mock drafts make Fitzgerald the 25th overall pick, the 7th overall WR taken. That's about right, considering people would rather not take the chance on Fitz while getting Andre Johnson, Moss, Wayne, Austin, White, or Calvin Johnson.

While it isn't impossible that Anderson shines, I don't think most people think its likely, therefore allowing Fitz to slip a bit.

The question becomes, what happens when you take the third best receiver and pair him with a 20 plus ranked QB? I'll let someone else find out that answer, thanks.

Time will tell.
    I clicked on "multi-quote", but nothing would happen, so I'll wing it.

Sportsline and Yahoo are not credible sources for Fantasy Football information (or information if you want some good analysis of professional football). While they have people on those sites who dedicate themselves to Fantasy Football, they just aren't very good, and no further proof is needed than Sportsline's silly ranking of Fitzgerald 25th overall and 7th among Wide Receivers. Calvin Johnson is not a challenge, nor is Wayne or Austin. Andre Johnson is by himself. Then it's White and Fitzgerald. Then it's the next tier of elite Wide Receivers where there are about 10 of them with Wayne, Miles Austin, Calvin Johnson and Moss being in that group. Then there are no more elite Wide Receivers. Yahoo ranking him 9 is just a joke. Go to a "real" fantasy football site like Rotoworld, Pro Football Weekly, Pro Football Focus, or sites like that. It's there where you'll find better analyis (and not made-up analyis like you'll find on Yahoo and Sportsline, and by made-up I mean analysts commenting on things where they haven't spent 40 hours per week watching and re-watching film, while breaking down position-by-position of players, just not Fantasy Football Players, but O-Linemen, D-Linemen, etc.).

For example, here's a couple of quotes about Fitzgerald from Rotoworld w/ dates of the quotes:

Jan. 3 - 8:27 pm et

Larry Fitzgerald caught three passes for 17 yards and a touchdown against the Packers in Week 17.

Fitzgerald wouldn't come out of the game even in a blowout, but you won't hear anything about it in the media because he isn't Brett Favre. Fitz notched a career-high 13th touchdown late in the game with Brian St. Pierre under center. He finished as the No. 4 fantasy receiver, recording 97 catches for 1,092 yards. He'll try to match last year's magical playoff run, starting with a rematch against the Packers.

Jan. 10 - 9:26 pm et

Larry Fitzgerald caught six passes for 82 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' Wild Card round defeat of Green Bay.

He now has a ridiculous nine TDs in five career playoff games. Fitz easily walked in for his first score, a 33-yarder, after Charles Woodson slipped in his backpedal. His second, a one-handed catch from 11 yards out, came against inept Packers fill-in SS Matt Giordano after Fitzgerald literally bulldozed Woodson (a should-be penalty) on his way to the end zone.

Jan. 16 - 8:31 pm et

Though Fitz couldn't recapture last year's playoff magic (couldn't get to the SuperBowl again), he'll be right there with Andre Johnson in 2010 fantasy drafts.

Mar. 6 - 2:03 pm et

Larry Fitzgerald has averaged seven catches and 105.5 yards per in games played without Anquan Boldin over the past five years.

Fitz averages 30+ yards and a reception more without Boldin in the lineup, which should go a long way in alleviating concerns about the dropoff from Kurt Warner to Matt Leinart. This isn't to suggest that Fitz will go crazy in 2010, but there's a good chance he'll keep posting his usual 100/1,200/10 line. Dynasty leaguers should take advantage of the "Chicken Littles" and buy Fitzgerald this offseason.

Apr. 8 - 9:46 am et

Cardinals quarterbacks coach Chris Miller revealed that Kurt Warner stopped throwing deep last season because he lost confidence in his arm.

Warner took a hit to his throwing shoulder early in the season, and it was obvious that he didn't feel comfortable throwing more than 20 yards down the field. Larry Fitzgerald's production was negatively impacted, losing close to 450 yards from his 2010 total. It's another reason we don't believe Warner's retirement is any more than a glancing blow to Fitz's fantasy value.

Those items, along with the fact that Fitzgerald was projected to hog all the targets, where guys like Wayne, Moss and Austin will share them. Week 1 saw Fitzgerald get the 3rd most targets (15) in the NLF, second to Mark Clayton (16), and Roddy White (23). Nobody's ever averaged more than 15 targets per game for a season, but whatever the record is, Fitzgerald has a good shot at breaking it. For now, Fitzgerald is still dealing with a strained knee he suffered Aug 14th that should have been healed two weeks ago. I'm wondering just how "strained" it really is.

Max Hall outplayed Derek Anderson during the pre-season, according to Ken Whisenhunt. That was also noticed by "Fantasy Football" sites, who broke down game film of the pre-season games of the Cardinals. Because DA got such a horrible reputation playing for the Browns with drop-prone Receivers Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards, most viewers of Browns games assumed that if given a Receiver who can catch that Anderson won't be able to deliver the football. That's just not the case, as he won, yet again, another starting job over someone else who was supposedly handed the job. The sooner Early Doucet gets healthy, the sooner Derek Anderson will be able to prove everyone wrong.

While many people believe that Fitz garnered a 7th (or later) draft position as a Wide Receiver, those people are going to find at the end of the season that they should have went with the guy who keeps delivering year after year regardless of who his Quarterback is from week-to-week.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

If the Cards leave Derek Anderson in the starting role, there is no way Fitz ends the year in the top 5 at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    If the Cards leave Derek Anderson in the starting role, there is no way Fitz ends the year in the top 5 at WR.
    Keep believing that while the Larry Fitzgerald owner in your league rides him to the playoffs.

KP- Again, show me where anybody lists Fitz as a top 5 wideout, say sometine after March LOL.....

He may be, he may not. I have Jennings and Wayne and I dont have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Keep believing that while the Larry Fitzgerald owner in your league rides him to the playoffs.
    LOL!!!!!!!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

LOL!!!!!!!!
    As a Larry Fitzgerald owner, I'm not riding him anywhere thus far.

Kolb has bitten me in the backside, as I feared he would. Luckily, I had the lowest waiver position because I didn't make any alterations to my roster post-draft and I was able to score Michael Vick as a FA.

For a team that everyone gave the Lulz to, it's been a struggle to put up points.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Fitz is 2nd in targets with 27 so far. He may get Nnamdi this weekend quite a bit depending on how Oakland decides to play it. The Raiders are using Nnamdi at more shadow-covering this season, so Fitz could struggle this weekend. You've still got to play him.

Dom, as far as having both Wayne AND Jennings, Jennings would have to have been a 2nd Round pick and Wayne a 1st Round pick (in any league with quality owners). Hopefully, you got Arian Foster after that and settled for a QB other than Schaub/Brees/Rodgers/Peyton/Brady. It's quite a risky strategy going for two of the Top-10 WR's in the 1st 2 rounds, though in a PPR league, it's not a bad stategy. You have to either have RB's already if it's a Keeper's League, or be fortunate enough to hit on one (maybe Best fell that far) with your 3rd Round pick before grabbing Foster with your 4th Round pick.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-26-2010 at 04:31 AM.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Hard to be a top-5 anything when your team doesn't score touchdowns.

Larry Fitzgerald has no chance at being a top 5 WR as long as Derek Anderson is his QB.

Wager?

Larry Fitzgerald has no chance at being a top 5 WR as long as Derek Anderson is his QB.

Wager?
    100% correct, I passed on him in each of my drafts. Actually took Wayne over him in one draft and was laughed at. Took Roddy in another draft over him. QB was the main reason, I thought that the floor for these guys was much higher than Fitz's. And even so, these guys are studs even if Fitz played well. So far so good.

I was stunned that the sites were still ranking Fitz like he had a real QB, just goes to show you that the experts aren't always correct and that you need to trust yourself.

KP, you can get Jennings in the third if u pick late in the second.
    In a 10 tean league the third yound is pick 21. Jennings can be had there.

Every year you throw barbs at me for the quality of leagues I play in. Do you know me? Have you seen my draft results?

KP, you can get Jennings in the third if u pick late in the second.
    In a 10 tean league the third yound is pick 21. Jennings can be had there.

Every year you throw barbs at me for the quality of leagues I play in. Do you know me? Have you seen my draft results?
    In a 10-team league, sure. I was assuming a 12-team league.

Edabbs, picking Wayne over Fitzgerald is not something that can be laughed at. Wayne had less risk and was likely to finish at least equal in points.

I won't play in a 10-team league. There's no skill in winning one of those. Every one has great teams. Owners aren't exposed at all in those.

It's never a barb. But, if someone asks, "Rate my team", then I'll give them an honest assessment.

Turn Off Ads?