Phillips 4
    Votto 3
    Rolen 5
    Gomes 7
    Hanigan 2
    Heisey 9
    Janish 6
    Arroyo 1

vs. Aaron Cook (5-8, 5.21 ERA, 1.57 WHIP, 58 K)

Thought I'd try to break the losing streak.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

Looks like OCab and Janish are alternating games now. Each one playing every other day.

I'm glad Stubbs and Heisey were split apart. I was tiring of the back-to-back strikeouts.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm glad Stubbs and Heisey were split apart. I was tiring of the back-to-back strikeouts.
    Yeah I know...cause thats happened like 2 entire times over the past week...its been brutal.

Yeah, Stubbs was brutal last night.

You really should take a day off or two. I think it would do you and the board, both, some good.

Go Reds and seats behind HP again tonight!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Looks like OCab and Janish are alternating games now. Each one playing every other day.
    Hernaningan at C and Janrera at SS?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Seats behind home plate??? How the HECK did you get those???

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I think that's a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I think that's a great idea.
    I don't really have a problem with it either. Hanigan and Hernandez are basically doing that as well.

Bring up another OFer.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Yeah, Stubbs was brutal last night.

You really should take a day off or two. I think it would do you and the board, both, some good.

Why don't you take a day off or two? I'm just expressing an opinion.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah I know...cause thats happened like 2 entire times over the past week...its been brutal.
    It was hyperbole to express a point that, collectively, they have not been very productive. The two are 10-for-46 so far this month with 15 strikeouts.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

It was hyperbole to express a point that, collectively, they have not been very productive. The two are 10-for-46 so far this month with 15 strikeouts.
    We are talking about 6 games.

In baseball, with the inherent randomness, one good game and they could be hot for the last week.

If Stubbs goes 1-4 tonight with a walk and HR, his OPS for the month goes to about his yearly level.

Remember the Reds this month have faced 4 of the NL's best pitchers this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    We are talking about 6 games.

In baseball, with the inherent randomness, one good game and they could be hot for the last week.

If Stubbs goes 1-4 tonight with a walk and HR, his OPS for the month goes to about his yearly level.

Remember the Reds this month have faced 4 of the NL's best pitchers this season.
    Stubbs' OPS is down to .711 this season. That's talking about 138 games. Heisey's is still a respectable .774 but has been sinking like a rock considering he had a .673 OPS in the month of August as well.

We're not just talking about inherent randomness right now with these two.

What the HECK is Gomes still doing in the lineup?!?!?! COME ON DUSTY!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?