Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

Haunted by walks

Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Maybe Paul Janish should make comments about them in the paper tonight
    Humidor cheating, double play making, igneous lumps.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    And there are people who want to move Votto off of 1B to make room for him. No way, if you ask me.
    Why not? Might be a way to get the best players on the field. Any doubt this team needs another left-handed hitter, preferably in the middle of the lineup? In addition to Jay Bruce, that is.

And this one mercifully ends.

I hate Coors Field.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Gotta try to salvage game 4 tomorrow....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Why not? Might be a way to get the best players on the field. Any doubt this team needs another left-handed hitter, preferably in the middle of the lineup? In addition to Jay Bruce, that is.
    Votto can play some pretty good defense at 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Because it moves Votto off of a position he's gotten pretty good at and puts him in the OF where he might not be very good at all - not to mention it could mess his hitting up. And Alonso didn't exactly look great on D with his little olay job last inning.

Alonso to LF? Sure. I wouldn't move Joey though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Because it moves Votto off of a position he's gotten pretty good at and puts him in the OF where he might not be very good at all - not to mention it could mess his hitting up. And Alonso didn't exactly look great on D with his little olay job last inning.

Alonso to LF? Sure. I wouldn't move Joey though.
    Me either. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

OTOH, think Pete Rose moving to third to make room for a fella named Foster in left....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Not sure where else to put this, but just got back from the game. It's official...my wife feels that it's her fault. She is now 0-7 lifetime @ Reds games

Got to sit about 30 rows back behind home plate again tonight, thanks to a certain Reds employee (Thanks again!), in the players section. Sat right in front of Brandon Phillips fiancee'. She was pretty awesome...not only a beautiful girl, but really funny and shared a ton of insight. Since the game was pretty wretched from the 2nd inning on, the 3 of us kept BS'ing thru the game to help the time go by.

2 things of note:

1) BP's hand is still pretty messed up. He's too stubborn to mention that to anyone who can do anything about it, but that is definitely a major contributing factor as to why he hasn't been too hot since he got plunked.

2) Bruce, for the first time since they came to Colorado, took batting practice w/ the team. He seemed to be taking it VERY easy on his swings and not using his upper body at all. Just hips and legs, but, considering that, looked good.

Oh and quite a few of the guys signed today: Votto, Rolen, Gomes, & BP. I got Joey to sign his SI cover. Framing that one...

So even though the game was 98.43873% wretched, we had a good time. We need to win tomorrow, if for no other reason than my wife's complex that it's HER fault they lose. :hug:
    Last edited by SirFelixCat; 09-09-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Could you leave her home? Say you're going to miss the game to work or something? You know what I mean?

Just kidding of course.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but that liner that Votto hit off of Cook's leg....it broke his leg. They're not saying he's officially out for the season, but I'd certainly think so. Shame for Cook.

This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?