Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/12 - Reds vs Pirates -- Sweep Time! No Bruce/Rolen

Re: 9/12 - Reds vs Pirates -- Sweep Time! No Bruce/Rolen

Cueto strikes out Doumit, #5.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Milledge flies out to Stubbs in center.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Cedeno grounds out to Cairo at third.

I think our starting pitchers like facing the Pirates

Cueto with a ten pitch inning there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I think our starting pitchers like facing the Pirates
    Not the bullpen, however...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Nugg gets the Bengals on the board with a 54 yard FG. 24-3 pats
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Not the bullpen, however...
    I almost typed our pitching staff, that's why I changed it

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Reds starters have pitched 19 innings this weekend so far, 7 hits, 1 run, and a 24-2 K/W ratio.

It would be nice to get one of them a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Votto was thrown out, but still gotta like the play
    Not really.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not really.
    With nobody out, that's absolutely the right play. With one out, you don't want him going...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

With nobody out, that's absolutely the right play. With one out, you don't want him going...
    Yeah, much easier for Ramon to get the RBI with 1 out & 1 runner at 3rd, than a runner at 2nd & 1 out

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

You try that play with 1 out, certainly not with zero or two.

You never make the first or last out at third.

You gamble with on out to get the runner to third where he can score on an out.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    You try that play with 1 out, certainly not with zero or two.

You never make the first or last out at third.

You gamble with on out to get the runner to third where he can score on an out.
    With nobody out when you're on second, you tag on fly balls to try to get to third with less than two outs. The fly out is the first out of the inning. With one out, you go halfway on fly balls because there will now be two outs and you're already in scoring position. No reason to try to push the envelope to get to third...
    -Walt Whitman

With nobody out when you're on second, you tag on fly balls to try to get to third with less than two outs. The fly out is the first out of the inning. With one out, you go halfway on fly balls because there will now be two outs and you're already in scoring position. No reason to try to push the envelope to get to third...
    I think you two are agreeing here, just getting confused on the wording. You make the play if there is nobody out when the play started, or when there's 1 out after the ball has been caught

Turn Off Ads?