Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there be more call-ups to the Reds?

Will there be more call-ups to the Reds?

Now that the minor league season is over, is there anyone else left that will go up to Cincinnati?

Only possibilities left on the 40 man roster are Jared Burton, Enerio Del Rosario, Danny Ray Herrera, Yasmani Grandal, and Philippe Valiquette. Everyone else is already with the Reds, or on the DL.

Of these, the only one that merits the call up is probably Jared Burton. His Louisville numbers are good, 2.61 ERA in 38 IP, 1.18 WHIP, .204 batting average against, 34 Ks, 16 BBs, and 4 HRs allowed.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Re: Will there be more call-ups to the Reds?

If Grandal gets the call, it'll be a Yonder situation two years ago.

Id be surprised if anyone other than Herrera gets a call up.

Too bad they can't talk Owings into trying his hand as an OF, as the Cards did Ankiel.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

I may be wrong, but wouldn't you call up all the pitchers. I mean what does it hurt having them on the roster and it also gives more options for extra inning games or blow outs where you do not have to kill the bullpen.

It appears that DRH isnt getting called up.

Maloney tweeted
    http://twitter.com/mo56maloney/statuses/24390114356

Hangin with D Ray and Dr Dornie for a bit before heading back to cincy...
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    It appears that DRH isnt getting called up.

Maloney tweeted
    http://twitter.com/mo56maloney/statuses/24390114356

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    I'm guessing one of Balentien or Dorn gets the call to fill the outfield hole. This would make it sound like it is not Dorn.
    Last edited by batsfan; 09-13-2010 at 11:59 AM.

My guess is that DRH's punishment for being arrested is that he won't receive a September call-up.

I dont think they clear a 40 man spot this late if they havent done it for 2+ weeks.

I'd put money that no one gets called up.

Too bad. I'd love to see DRH follow two innings of Chapman.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    I may be wrong, but wouldn't you call up all the pitchers. I mean what does it hurt having them on the roster and it also gives more options for extra inning games or blow outs where you do not have to kill the bullpen.
    Salary and travel costs?

I'm with GIDP. If they were going to make room on the 40 man, they would've done it already when the OF situation cropped up. I wouldn't be surprised to see any/all of the pitchers called up, Burton & DRH in particular.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Jared Burton was recalled by the Reds

What's it hurt to have everyone up?? Why not???

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    What's it hurt to have everyone up?? Why not???

You have to pay more money and accrue service time. If you don't intend to use a few players, no sense in paying them some two grand a day to sit on the bench.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

That's true, BtP.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?