Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: 9/20 Reds@Brewers

Re: 9/20 Reds@Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    They'd be playing too many.
    Oops. History major. Math challenged.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have watched or listened to 90% of the games this year. The script has not diverged much. Close game, offense sputters, looks like they'll have trouble scratching out another run, I'm whining about the lack of offense....then BOOM, big inning, hold them for a couple of innings, "and this one belongs to the Reds." Lather, rinse, repeat.

Back for more tomorrow.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I have watched or listened to 90% of the games this year. The script has not diverged much. Close game, offense sputters, looks like they'll have trouble scratching out another run, I'm whining about the lack of offense....then BOOM, big inning, hold them for a couple of innings, "and this one belongs to the Reds." Lather, rinse, repeat.

Back for more tomorrow.
    All made possible by solid starting pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

Back for more tomorrow.
    More often than not the offense hasn't sputtered. Remember this is baseball, not the NBA. Hitting major league pitching isn't easy but relatively speaking, us Reds fans have been treated to a lot of offense

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    This offense is putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    JD said something about losing 2/3 in HOU and how losing can snowball, then asked Joey how big of a win tonight was.

Joey, paraphrased: "Well, I disagree with you about that. I don't think losing on the road snowballs at all." and went on to pretty much shoot down the entire premise of Jim's questioning.
    Sorry to have missed that.

When JV is on the post game....it is always uncomfortable, Jim Day asks questions and holds his breath hoping JV doesn't light him up like a home plate umpire.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

What a magical season. After ten years of watching this club mismanaged and all the false promises from Lindner and Allen, the blunders of Krivsky, and the bad years under the Castillini ownership, in comes Walt Jocketty who created a ball club that could and has won. Magnificent.

We may not go far in the post-season, but we'll be there. And I'm not betting against them. Even if the Cardinals have the Bucs, Cubs and Rockies and a home game advantage, we just have to win 6 of the next 11 (thanks oneupper) and I think we'll do it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Isn't there some oddball Cordero ERA discrepancy between Hanigan and Hernandez catching? Guess that continues.
    Maybe Hanigan can call the pitches from the dugout when he's not catching.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?