Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 9/21: Reds @ Brewers

Re: 9/21: Reds @ Brewers

I find it interesting, and actually a good sign, to see Cordero strike out 1 last night, and 2 tonight. When his batting average on balls in play is so high, you gotta strike people out.

And, until last night, he had ZERO strike outs all the month of September.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    LOL. WOW. WWOOOOOWWWWW.

Cordero chokes and Bruce just had a little league moment.

4-3 game, tying run at 3rd.
    That was an unbelievably bad play. Three miscues on one play is something special. 4 if you add Cordero being unable to bend over to pick up the ball.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I find it interesting, and actually a good sign, to see Cordero strike out 1 last night, and 2 tonight. When his batting average on balls in play is so high, you gotta strike people out.

I thought he looked better tonight than any time recently.

The HBP was marginal.

Two singles on 3 BIP.

The strike out pitch to Fielder has been his claim to fame, and was a missing pitch for so me time.

He kept the pitches down.

I actually felt he would survive.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    That was an unbelievably bad play. Three miscues on one play is something special. 4 if you add Cordero being unable to bend over to pick up the ball.
    The Reds have to press when Codero is on the mound and try to do too much. As Chris said, he was thinking of getting an out at third and didn't pickup the ball, bobbled it, and then made a bad throw. If Codero could keep people off base, it would be easier on my blood pressure.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Dusty gets career win #1400, and his Reds record is now 238-238, .500 ball.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Homer is now the only starter in our (current) rotation to give up more hits than innings pitched.. and he's given up 98 hits in 97 innings
    Nice stat.

Dusty gets career win #1400, and his Reds record is now 238-238, .500 ball.
    That moves Dusty into #25 all by himself, ahead of Wilbert Robinson. Next up is Jimmy Dykes with 1406 wins which is attainable this season and it would be very nice for the Reds to finish out like that. If we win out the season, he can tie Al Lopez at #23 with 1410.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I've been seeing the slider again, which is another good sign. He is still too predictable with away, away, away though.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    That moves Dusty into #25 all by himself, ahead of Wilbert Robinson. Next up is Jimmy Dykes with 1406 wins which is attainable this season and it would be very nice for the Reds to finish out like that. If we win out the season, he can tie Al Lopez at #23 with 1410.
    Do post season wins count?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Do post season wins count?
    I'm sure its just regular season wins.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'm sure its just regular season wins.
    Yes, I believe it's only regular season wins. It's quite impressive, really. It puts him among the upper echelons of managers (top 4%) - of course, that stat includes guys who were interims who have a managerial record, but still, it's not shabby.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?