Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/21: Reds @ Brewers

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 9/21: Reds @ Brewers

Well, it's bath time for the girls, so I'm out guys. Keep up the winning ways! Whoever does pbp....bring us luck!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Phillips pops out to Fielder over in foul territory (I think).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    That's a terrible rule, if so. Injuries happen, they can't be predicted. Not that I'm surprised, considering who The Commissioner is.

I think I was wrong in how I stated it. I found this on the Tigers web site:

If an eligible player is injured and unable to play a club can call up any player in the organization regardless of their roster status* provided that the replacement player plays the same position (position player for position player and pitcher for pitcher), the replacement player was in the organization as of the August 31st deadline and they finished the season in the organization, and they receive approval from the commissioner.
    *The player would need to be added to the 40 man roster if they weren’t on it before they could be activated. They just wouldn’t have needed to be on the 40 man roster by any other deadlines.

So those are the rules around eligibility. But what actually happens when someone gets injured? The playoff roster is set each round when the lineup card is delivered to home plate. If the first game of the series is postponed, teams can reconfigure their roster as long as the series hasn’t started.
    If a player is injured, they can be replaced during the series using the rules stated above. If the player is replaced they cannot come back in the current round, nor can they play in the following round.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Cabrera hustles into second on the error by Fielder.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    This is a much fairer rule than there used to be. If you had someone injured during the post-season, tough luck all the way through. Remember when Vince Coleman hurt himself on a field tarp at the start of a playoff game?
    Ah, I didn't know that. Coleman was a little before my time.

I get why they feel the need for the rule, because there would be teams that would use the DL as their reserve roster in the playoffs. But it's terrible that teams may have to play an entire post season series short handed.

Could you imagine if the 1990 WS hadn't ended in 4 games? No Hatcher and no Davis, and a 23-man roster? Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Scotty's showin some life

Rolen! RBI double makes it 3-0 good guys.

Rolen doubles and Cabrera scores after OCab goes to third on Bruce's soft grounder. 3-0 Reds.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Dickerson is showing why we didn't need to keep him. Turned around badly on the Rolen double.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

BTW, I agree with the point that losing Edmonds for the playoffs could be an unfortunate game changer. His experience, leadership and the ability to deliver a big at-bat in a crucial situation would be of great service to the Reds. I sincerely hope he's healthy for the playoffs because the Reds could use him even if he's not starting much.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Pedro Feliz as a Birdinal: .214/.234/.262

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Ah, I didn't know that. Coleman was a little before my time, Old-Timer
    There, added what you forgot to put in.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

That's right.. I forgot we were getting Miguel Votto

Dickerson stinking up the place with a bobble in center allowing Rolen to score on Cairo's single.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Miggy brings in Rolen with an RBI single, goes to second on the throw home.

At least I think it was a single. Didn't look like a double to me.

4-0 good guys.

Turn Off Ads?