Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds at Padres 9-24-10

Re: Reds at Padres 9-24-10

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He's not Jesus Christ. He's going to give up runs.

A bad outing and "struggling" are two different things.
    Guys, can we call a truce? I think this argument has run its course...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?

And certainly no one has ever pitched like this pitch after pitch before. We're watching history, folks.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Throw this guy a slider and he'll have no chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Fastest in the bigs since when? Anyone?
    To my knowledge, that is the fastest pitch ever recorded. By quite a bit. I don't think we have ever seen anyone else at 104 before. Joel Zumaya did hit 103.9 I believe.

How bout a slider?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    To my knowledge, that is the fastest pitch ever recorded. By quite a bit. I don't think we have ever seen anyone else at 104 before. Joel Zumaya did hit 103.9 I believe.
    If 105 was real that was the fastest one ever recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    He's been incredible, but Arthur is basically a one legged cripple right now. Nobody who loves this team will disparage what Rhodes has meant this year. But, He is not prepared to get hitters out late in the game right now, given his physical condition. Dusty has done everything he can to rest him and try to recapture the magic. It just isn't happening. Arthur's role belongs to Bill Bray or Chapman now. He probably doesn't even belong on the postseason roster. Dusty has to stop looking at this as a Hollywood movie and play it like an episode of cops, complete with the domestic violence and peripheral ugliness.

Tonight's game was there for the taking if we just had played the last three innings correctly. LaRussa has a ton of faults, but one of his strengths is assigning the right relief pitchers to roles late in ballgames. He does it with a cold, hard efficiency that appears to be lost on our skipper, the "player's manager".

How sweet would it be to beat that lard a** Heath Bell in the top of the 9th? I know, not likely.
    I think you're overstating the extent of his dropping production. I'm not saying he's healthy--I don't think he is.

However... in only 2 of the previous 20 appearances did he give up runs. One for every 10 games. It's serious exaggeration to say he's not prepared to get hitters out right now.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I thought Zumaya was recorded at 105.4 at some point.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Does Hanigan know what a slider is? Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    And certainly no one has ever pitched like this pitch after pitch before. We're watching history, folks.
    And yet, nobody cares unless the Reds win this ballgame.

Has Chapman thrown anything besides a fastball yet? Drop the slider on the righty already.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Does Hanigan know what a slider is? Seriously.
    Chapman shook him off last time.
    Votto for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Has Chapman thrown anything besides a fastball yet? Drop the slider on the righty already.
    25 pitches.
    25 fastballs.

And he gave up 1 baserunner and no hits lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

26 pitches, all 100 mph or faster....WOW!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    I thought Zumaya was recorded at 105.4 at some point.
    I don't recall seeing that one, at least not via Pitch F/X. But now you have me heading to look for it.

Turn Off Ads?