Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/27/2010 - Cards vs. Pirates (Lost Decade D.O.D.?)

Re: 9/27/2010 - Cards vs. Pirates (Lost Decade D.O.D.?)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I'm listening to the Cards broadcast team. Dying to know attendance on this one.
    VP, I'm watching and there are some definite empty seats, though they had been drawing well previously.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    VP, I'm watching and there are some definite empty seats, though they had been drawing well previously.
    I guess technically the Cards aren't out of the wild card race. And everybody knows they have the best fans in baseball.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

1st & 3rd for the Cardinals with one out.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

DP ends the first. 0-0 after 1.

From tSD, 700 will broadcast the 9th inning of the Cards game tonight.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Alvarez homers to right center. 1-0 Pirates top 2nd.

DING!

Pedro Alvarez.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

What a low-key TV announce crew the Pirates have. I have access to both feeds and had to verify that I was actually watching their feed after that homer.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    From tSD, 700 will broadcast the 9th inning of the Cards game tonight.

If the Pirates win, there will be a fireworks display at GABP tonight and a 'spontaneous' celebration on Fountain Square...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    What a low-key TV announce crew the Pirates have. I have access to both feeds and had to verify that I was actually watching their feed after that homer.
    I can't blame them. After covering the Pirates, I think I'd have all emotion zapped out of me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    The Pirates have probably the worst overall broadcasting team in the majors. Of course I guess when you have lost for 18 years it makes you kind of low key.

Rasmus flies out. 1 out in the 2nd.

Descalso strikes out swinging. 2 outs.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Morton looks sharper than Lohse tonight.
    /r/reds

Ryan grounds out to end the 2nd.

2 down, 7 to go.

Turn Off Ads?