Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/27/2010 - Cards vs. Pirates (Lost Decade D.O.D.?)

Re: 9/27/2010 - Cards vs. Pirates (Lost Decade D.O.D.?)

Ryan grounds out. 3 down.

After 4, it's 2-2.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

McCutchen singles with one out.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Single for Tabata. First & Second with one out for the Pirates in the 5th.

Pirates take a 3-2 lead top 5th

Pirates have runners on the corners with 2 outs top 5th

Another hit for the Pirates as Alvarez drives in another run. 4-2 Pirates.

Keep that hit train rollin'

Now 4-2 Pirates mid 5th.

Bowker Ks but not before it's 4-2!

Halfway home

So. THIS IS GETTING EXCITING.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I've been casually following the game tonight so far, just looking at the score every 10 minutes or so. I honestly had no idea what I wanted earlier today, whether it was for the Cardinals to lose so the Reds could clinch or the Cardinals to win so the Reds had a chance to clinch at home with a win.

I think as the game is developing, especially now that the Pirates have a 4-2 lead in the 5th inning, my head is taking over. It'd be exciting to watch the Reds clinch in person tomorrow night, if they'd win, but I can't root for the Cardinals to come back.

I want an NL Central division title, and I want it tonight.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Leaoff single by Pagnozzi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I've been casually following the game tonight so far, just looking at the score every 10 minutes or so. I honestly had no idea what I wanted earlier today, whether it was for the Cardinals to lose so the Reds could clinch or the Cardinals to win so the Reds had a chance to clinch at home with a win.

I think as the game is developing, especially now that the Pirates have a 4-2 lead in the 5th inning, my head is taking over. It'd be exciting to watch the Reds clinch in person tomorrow night, if they'd win, but I can't root for the Cardinals to come back.

I kind of feel the same way I had kind of mixed feelings about tonight but now that it is 5 ininngs away lets get the party started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post

I've been outspoken the last few days that I don't like the thought of anyone clinching on an off-day. Seems cheesy and unrewarding. But as this game got close and has been going on... I have come around. I just want it over with too.

Lohse sacrifices the runner to 2nd. 1 out.

Turn Off Ads?