Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is most likely to be the FANTASY R.O.Y.?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hideki Matsui, OF, NYY

9 69.23%
  • Jose Contreras, SP/RP, NYY

0 0%
  • Brandon Phillips, 2B, CLE

0 0%
  • Travis Hafner, 1B, CLE

1 7.69%
  • Joe Thurston, 2B, LA

0 0%
  • John Patterson, SP, ARI

1 7.69%
  • Lyle Overbay, 1B, ARI

0 0%
  • Jason Lane, OF, HOU

1 7.69%
  • Hee Seop Choi, 1B, ChC

1 7.69%

Thread: Fantasy Rookie of the Year

Fantasy Rookie of the Year

Who do you think will be the FANTASY rookie of the year?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I went with something of a darkhorse pick and voted for John Patterson. I don't think anyone's really paying attention to him, but I think he could put up numbers close to what Tomo Ohka did last year for Montreal. However, if "other" was an option I would have picked it and gone with Johan Santana. By next year he'll be the Twins best pitcher.

I agree on Santana, he'll be a stud this year and for years to come, but I don't think that he qualifies as a rookie, which is why I didn't put him in there. I think Patterson still "technically" qualifies as a rookie, even though he pitched last year for the D-Backs.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Anyone else hate that players from Cuba and Japan are considered rookies?

Originally posted by Brutus_the_Red
    Anyone else hate that players from Cuba and Japan are considered rookies?
    Yes. I don't think it's fair that a player that is 32 years old and has played 5-9 years of professional baseball in ANY country should be considered a rookie, and put in the same class with up and coming 19-23 year olds in the minors.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?