Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Re: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

OK kids, the real fun starts now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Congrats to the Reds! Now that they made it to October baseball, I hope they can get to the World Series. The Reds have had a good season. I look for a good rivalry between our two teams in the seasons to come.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Worth a watch.

One thing that struck me was that practically all the media has pointed to the August brawl series as the team's "pivotal point" in the season.
    Very few of us here would concur. I think there was even a thread about that.
    I agree. IMO, the pivotal point in our season was the team meeting after that embarrassing loss to the Padres early in the season. The game with all the baserunning mistakes & errors.

The Reds did what few truly expected of them this season. With that already in their pockets, this season can be called a success.

Now it's time to go out and get some more. #2 seed and 1st round home field advantage is next on the agenda.

Thanks for the great season, guys! Now I can't wait for playoffs!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Congratulations, I'm really happy for you guys.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

One of the greatest moments in my nearly half century of following the ballclub. It doesn't get any more climactic.

Congrats to all you younger fans who've never seen a clinching, and thanks to all those posting game reports and video. Really appreciate it.

Thread of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    OK kids, the real fun starts now.
    How in the world does it get more exciting than that?!? Not sure I can take it!
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

It has been a long time. Job well done.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    How in the world does it get more exciting than that?!? Not sure I can take it!
    Playoffs, baby, playoffs.

It may not have the adrenaline shot of a pennant-winning walk-off, but each and every pitch, each and every AB, and each and every fielded ball is magnified. Its not distractedly ho-hum watching the Phils or the Dodgers or the Mets or whoever in October playoff baseball, its the *Reds*.

Its the team that you live and die with, the team where you get wrapped around the axle about a stupid game in April against the Pirates that ESPN doesn't even know exists, where you watch the standings all year thinking "well, gee, not bad, maybe, could be, I could be wrong, oh crap, don't get your hopes up", you grumble over Fay's dopey game stories over your Cheerios and OJ, you talk to your dog over a play made, you banter on RZ and wonder if anyone else's hopes are starting to get up, and a slow creeping realization overtakes you and you start to actually believe.

Playoffs are watching an entire game on the edge of your seat with your fingernails in your mouth. Each game is watched with a magnifying glass with a racing brain running up and down all the decision trees of each play. A play happens and you just erupt. You finally let your inner fan out and expose yourself to being ecstatic and overjoyed in winning and absolutely crushed and devastated in defeat. There is no in-between.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    Congrats to the Reds! Now that they made it to October baseball, I hope they can get to the World Series. The Reds have had a good season. I look for a good rivalry between our two teams in the seasons to come.
    Absolute Class.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Worth a watch.

One thing that struck me was that practically all the media has pointed to the August brawl series as the team's "pivotal point" in the season.
    Very few of us here would concur. I think there was even a thread about that.
    Obviously the turning point was the Rally Onion. Nothing will convince me otherwise.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Playoffs, baby, playoffs.

It may not have the adrenaline shot of a pennant-winning walk-off, but each and every pitch, each and every AB, and each and every fielded ball is magnified. Its not distractedly ho-hum watching the Phils or the Dodgers or the Mets or whoever in October playoff baseball, its the *Reds*.

Its the team that you live and die with, the team where you get wrapped around the axle about a stupid game in April against the Pirates that ESPN doesn't even know exists, where you watch the standings all year thinking "well, gee, not bad, maybe, could be, I could be wrong, oh crap, don't get your hopes up", you grumble over Fay's dopey game stories over your Cheerios and OJ, you talk to your dog over a play made, you banter on RZ and wonder if anyone else's hopes are starting to get up, and a slow creeping realization overtakes you and you start to actually believe.

Playoffs are watching an entire game on the edge of your seat with your fingernails in your mouth. Each game is watched with a magnifying glass with a racing brain running up and down all the decision trees of each play. A play happens and you just erupt. You finally let your inner fan out and expose yourself to being ecstatic and overjoyed in winning and absolutely crushed and devastated in defeat. There is no in-between.
    Very well said. Last night was fantastic but next week is where it really gets fun. I still remember the Reds playoff game I attended 15 years ago and it still probably the best atmosphere of any baseball game I have ever attended. I also very well remember who intense every minute of the 1990 postseason was. You almost felt sick to your stomach watching some of those close games. I can't wait I am excited just thinking about being back in that playoff atmosphere.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Amazing. Last night, as I was watching ESPNEWS (we are blacked out for Reds coverage where I am) and saw the score come across the ticker, I think I scared my wife half to death with my shout. I was in high school amid scores of Braves fans the last time the Reds went to the playoffs. It's been a long time coming.
    Hope isn't a strategy

It's been a good year for the broadcasting crew too.

After hearing GG some this month, I realized how much I missed him, but Thom has gotten much better.

Welsh and Cowboy are both great.

And every call Marty makes is still pure gold.

Keels... well, Keels is crap, but oh well.

Oh... and Kelch is good too.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?