Turn Off Ads?
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1159

Thread: NLDS Game 2 Reds vs. Philly

Re: NLDS Game 2 Reds vs. Philly

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    They definatley have. We're not a bad team, though. We won 90 whatever games for a reason.

It all started with Ondrusek's throw last night. They're young, and they've looked young.
    We've won 91 games because we play in the worst division in baseball. Once we start beating playoff caliber teams in the regular season, we'll really have something.

2. Turn Off Ads?

They definatley have. We're not a bad team, though. We won 90 whatever games for a reason.

It all started with Ondrusek's throw last night. They're young, and they've looked young.
    Yep. This should put a little fire in the proverbial bellies of the core.

This team has a shot at being monsters over the next few years. Nothing wrong with getting a little fire to go with the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    This game, and this series, is over.

This has been so depressing to watch it's unreal.
    The Reds will learn from this series, and this year, and will be better next year. The end maybe disappointing but the future is still bright. Having a team that will contend for a playoff spot every year? Yeah, I'll take that.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 10-08-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: punctuation

Haunted by walks

I think we can agree that it's been epically ugly. One for the books.

The key is to make each game its own game, and not the whole season. Or the future as we know it.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Lets take induvidual and collective deep breaths. The Reds are playing Baseball in October, have exceeded even they're own expectations. I'm still satisfied, even though the boys have played rough.
    Witty signature.

Are people actually "mad" at this? Yeah, I'm disappointed but I don't find myself pissed off at anybody. It sucks, but I'm not even willing to conceed the series yet.
    Yeah I'm mad. You have guys that are supposed to be the cornerstones of the team and they make little league errors.

Its one thing to get beat (see Halladay). Its another thing to beat yourself by repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot.

I'm not happy with just being in the playoffs. Maybe in a few months I will be but you have to go into these kinds of games with a killer instinct. You get a team down, you put your foot on their neck and don't let them up. 5 out innings and blown flyballs aren't doing that.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    We've won 91 games because we play in the worst division in baseball. Once we start beating playoff caliber teams in the regular season, we'll really have something.
    We won 91 games because we beat the teams were supposed to. That's what good teams do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Lets take induvidual and collective deep breaths. The Reds are playing Baseball in October, have exceeded even they're own expectations. I'm still satisfied, even though the boys have played rough.
    I mean this in the best way possible:

I'm glad your not my stock broker.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Next year. And I bet Bob is friggin pissed about this. He just moved $40MM from his Vanguard acct to checking for this offseason.

Mind you I do not want Utley to be seriously injured.....but the next time Chapman faces Utley I hope a Chapman fastball does hit Utley. I would like Utley to show us how he acts when a Chapman triple digit fastball actually does hit him.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The Reds will learn from this series and this year and will be better next year. The end maybe disappointing but the future is still bright. Having a team that will contend for a playoff spot every year? Yeah, I'll take that.
    I am hoping that they learn from this like they did after the debacle that was the Cards series.

Yes, this team has exceeded expectations. Yes, I'm just happy they're in the playoffs. Yes, I picked the Phillies in 4. But it's the way this is happening that I'm upset about.

The Reds need Pujols to be shown on the big screen so Lidge can pee himself.

This series has been epically bad so far. The Reds have entered the record books twice in two games, and for horrible reasons. The first no-hitter in the postseason in decades and now they have committed the most errors in a single game in NLDS history. Amateur. Hour.

Everyone at work was giving me grief after the no hitter. I said how much worse could game 2 be. Who would have thunk this would happen. Can't wait to see game three in person.

Take pitches.

Turn Off Ads?