Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NLDS Game 3 - Reds vs Phillies 10/10/10

NLDS Game 3 - Reds vs Phillies 10/10/10

Hopefully it is ok to start this early but the last few months the Reds have always won when I started the game thread including to stop a few losing streaks so hopefully the streak continues tonight.

Game Time: 8:07 PM ET TBS

Pitching Matchup:

Johnny Cueto (12-7, 3.64 ERA) vs. Cole Hamels (12-11, 3.06 ERA)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NLDS Game 3 - Reds vs Phillies 10/10/10

Stubbs 8
    Phillips 4
    Votto 3
    Rolen 5
    Gomes 7
    Hernandez 2
    Bruce 9
    Janish 6
    Cueto 1

vs. Hamels

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Just to get this out of the way, Ramon is 3-6 with a 2B and HR career vs Hamels and Bruce is 1-12.

I know someone is bound to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Hopefully it is ok to start this early but the last few months the Reds have always won when I started the game thread including to stop a few losing streaks so hopefully the streak continues tonight.

Game Time: 8:07 PM ET TBS

Pitching Matchup:

Johnny Cueto (12-7, 3.64 ERA) vs. Cole Hamels (12-11, 3.06 ERA)
    The losing stops now!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Off to game now. Very excited.

Walking over to the ballpark after dinner. Let's get this party started!

According to Jayson Stark's Twitter feed, Cabrera is now in the starting lineup at SS batting 8th.

Janish > Healthy OCab >> Injured OCab
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

A true leader would know when he's not able to play, and would sit. I'm pretty frustrated by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    A true leader would know when he's not able to play, and would sit. I'm pretty frustrated by this.
    I wish the Reds would have listened to their voices of reason and gone ahead and removed him from the roster. I know they didn't want to risk the chance they made the next round, but given how pessimistic they were even a day ago, I can't believe he's in any shape to be playing (effectively).

I admire toughness, but not at the expense of production. Especially in do-or-die situations like this.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    According to Jayson Stark's Twitter feed, Cabrera is now in the starting lineup at SS batting 8th.
    I don't like this decision at all.

I give Cabrerea and Rolen credit for wanting to play, but at what point does it start to become detrimental to the team to start two guys who are so clearly hampered by injury?

Absurd.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Nonsense. He just tells the team when he's ready to play to the best of his abilities. It's the team(manager's job) to decide if he plays.

It's not like any of us know whether he's good enough to go or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Nonsense. He just tells the team when he's ready to play to the best of his abilities. It's the team(manager's job) to decide if he plays.

I don't care who's decision it is but I'd really like my SS to be able to make a strong throw to first base.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

I find it impossible to believe that he is 100% ready to go after obviously dealing with this for the last month+ of the season, and having to come out of game 2 48 hours ago because of it. There is zero guarantee it won't flare up in the 2nd inning tonight. He should know that a healthy Janish is better than whatever he is right now, and shouldn't put his manager in this situation.

Turn Off Ads?